PVR advice?

vikwaters

Reaction score
I may not have posted this in the right section, but I am looking to buy a PVR. I have a budget of about 200 quid and wondered if anyone could advise me of a decent hdd recorder for recording TV. I am on V***in so am not too bothered about top up tv and Freeview. If possible I would like to be able to copy what I have recorded onto a memory stick or dvd. I would also like the HDD to be RELIABLE and do what it says on the tin.

Any advice would be welcome, :THANKS:

Depending on your package you can get teh V+ box from Virgin for free, they try to charge £10 a month but just argue they've got sod all HD content available and you will be fine, I got one paid for one month then rang and argued. They said just keep it as more HD content is coming, so I said fine but I'm not paying, that was over a year ago now, still got it, not paid a penny since.

Tadda, a 3 tuner, 80 hour PVR for £10 (having said that I do have an XL package for Phone/Tv/Web) Prob not going to work if you have their basic package

Cheers, haha, I've been away for a couple of days and could not even find my post! thanks for replying. I will try what you suggest, I have to phone vermin anyway coz my connection is cr*p and I am sick of putting up with it.

Thanks for the reply,
Vik

If your BB provider was BT then you could have a BT Vision PVR from them for FREE depending upon the option your on.

Thanks for your reply. I have a vermin engineer visiting on monday to try and suss out why my BB is so slooooow and keeps dropping. After that I will be offshore on Thursday so I will let things ride till next time I am home. Again thanks for the reply, if I were to swap ISP/package I'm sure it will be to BT anyway.

Back