PS4 question

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My son has just come to me and ask me if it was right what he was reading on the net, well i can't answer him as i don't know, he has told me that once you have put a game in the ps4 you cant play that game on any other console or trade them in IS this correct, surely sony cant do that to you.

that has to be wrong.

I thought they only filed a patent for this, some kind of chip embedded on each bluray that pairs to the console, doubt if they will implement it.

Both MS an Sony are considering this but neither have said that they WILL do this for the next box....not yet anyway.

It's what sony is aiming for.
They say games will play on other machines, but haven't decided if they will make a charge yet.
What they say is 'we will do the right thing' direct quote from the ps4 head of dev.
It's currently illegal in the EU. So only time will tell.

Sent by an evolved primate

AS it stands, the ps4 WILL play disc games that have been used in other machines.

they haven't admitted or denied it yet. we will find out sometime though

I cant see it happening myself

doesn't effect me anyway, I never trade in games or buy second hand ones.

they haven't admitted or denied it yet. we will find out sometime though

I cant see it happening myself

doesn't effect me anyway, I never trade in games or buy second hand ones.

i know what your saying m8, but a lot of kids play there games finish them, trade them in and but a new one well if they bring it in those are the one's that lose out.

Like I said. I can't see it happening.

But both Microsoft and Sony are against the used games market. They don't make anything of it, but would like too.

Virtual Reality headsets in my eyes is the only way forward for the next line of consoles, sony has there own headset in development. Also there is the likes of oculus rift

Surely there'll be games for download from PSN (assuming they keep the current PSN but an updated version)

i believe that this will happen as all games publishers have serious concerns. they are losing massive amounts of cash that would go into future game development.once the game has been sold brand new, they can only make money by providing dlc.sony have already designed the ps4 spec around what the developers want, making the console alot easier to write games for, so do not be at all suprised if each game is married to the first console that it is played on,or if not it will cost you a fair bit to use it on a second machine. its just safeguarding the future of the games market and who knows, more money for them should mean,more and better games for us, i dont personally agree with it, but i do understand why

Back