PS3 Media Server Settings?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
What sort of PS3 Media Server settings are you using to stream. I currently have some 85mbs homeplugs but struggle with HD movies so upgrading to 200mbps ones but just thought it might have been my settings?

Any suggestions for optimised setting for viewing 1080p movies over homeplugs in 5.1 and how do you get .sub and .idx subtitles to work?

if u have a dual or quad core pc make sure its set to use them ,also dropping the quality setting to 2,2,2 rather than 1,1,1 can make things faster with no visable quality dip

thats all i can remember since i got rip of my ps3

what sort of ps3 media server settings are you using to stream. I currently have some 85mbs homeplugs but struggle with hd movies so upgrading to 200mbps ones but just thought it might have been my settings?

Any suggestions for optimised setting for viewing 1080p movies over homeplugs in 5.1 and how do you get .sub and .idx subtitles to work?

The Ps3 is Shit

;)

The Ps3 is Shit

;)
overall i agree,so far i think ive had 11 of them since launch,some ive had to sell due to money problems,others just down to it not getting used

but i keep getting them when a game i want is coming out-the last 1 i got was for alone in the dark and silent hill(i couldnt be arsed waiting for the 360 one)

the one before that pacific rift so in my eyes the ps3 doesnt need killer app games to sell the system it needs games to make u wanna keep it

tbh the last one i only really had it for using this psms-gone back to the xbmc now lol

I dont think the PS3 is shit at all, I got it at bargain price and the streaming is alot better than the 360 I have both console and im not much of a gamer. The main reason I have them is one I got both at good price and two streaming hd content as my xbox1 with xbmc doesnt handle mkv files!

What sort of PS3 Media Server settings are you using to stream. I currently have some 85mbs homeplugs but struggle with HD movies so upgrading to 200mbps ones but just thought it might have been my settings?

im pretty sure you will need a wired connection to be able to play 1080p
as for subs i use srt they work every time also what ver of ps3media you using?

Got my 200mbps homeplugs today and not only can I stream 1080p mkv files but it also works flawlessly with 5.1 audio on best quality on transcode page "keyint=1:vqscale=1:vqmin=2 /* Best Quality */"

So im happy :)

Spoke to soon got some stutter on best quality but now changed it to keyint=3:vqscale=2:vqmin=3 /* Good quality */ and now its working perfectly.

I had a pair of netgear HDs but they got waaaaay too hot to leave in the house alone. They where fast but I just didnt trust them not to burn my house down !

Back