Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PS3 Hacking

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
I've got a PS3 phat that is lying gathering dust. It hasn't been updated in around 18 months and was just wondering if anything could be done with it in a modded way. I have a 360 RGH, is there anything similar for the ps3? I haven't paid much attention to PS3 mod scene so not sure what's available. Basically looking for games to be loaded either onto console or on an external drive. Not fussed about online play, although if it were available I would use it.

hi mate, if its been 18 months id check the firmware your ps3 is on first, im not fully up with ps3 scene but keep odd eye on it when i can, if its on 3.55 firmware i think you can still put custom firmware on it and load games from hard drives etc, if its over 3.55 firmware then it would need to be downgraded , which requires some hard ware, think you be looking around 80 to 100 quid for the gear, or theres some odde about , xkey guys have a drive emulator out, so its like the xkey for the xbox but a ps3 one, cobra also have a drive emulator out which is same sort of thing, load games from hard drives etc, think the drive emulators are around the same amount to buy, 80 to 100 quid, if i was going to get something i think id go for one of the drive emulators personally, ive got the xbox xkey on one of my xboxes and i think there a great bit of kit, not tried ps3 ones but seem to be same sort of thing, hope that helps abit mate, im not a expert or 100% up to date with the ps3 scene to be honest,

Just checked the firmware and it's 4.31. Newer than I thought. TBH I was curious as it wasn't getting played at all, but £100 is a bit steep for a hobby. I've got the RGH which does the same thing. I don't really fancy any of the PS3 exclusives TBH.

Thanks for the info anyway mate.

You might as well try and flog it in time for Crimbo mate and get a few quid in your pocket.

Just checked the firmware and it's 4.31. Newer than I thought. TBH I was curious as it wasn't getting played at all, but £100 is a bit steep for a hobby. I've got the RGH which does the same thing. I don't really fancy any of the PS3 exclusives TBH.

Thanks for the info anyway mate.
@fitzybhoy have you played the uncharted games and the last of us ? there defo games worth playing on ps3 mate, some of the best games ive ever played, really are worth a go mate if your not in any rush to sell it,

Last edited by a moderator:
@fitzybhoy have you played the uncharted games and the last of us ? there defo games worth playing on ps3 mate, some of the best games ive ever played, really are worth a go mate if your not in any rush to sell it,

I haven't actually. I can borrow them from a family member who has them. Not worth selling TBH and might start picking up older titles for a pittance over the next few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back