ps3 gone tits up

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Old original phat ps3 gone tits up YLOD, is it worth trying to fix, i.e does it work long term /permanent? if so can anyone recommmend a kit, past pads etc or anyone recommend a company that does it.?

if not and I buy a second hand one from game etc I take it I can put custom firmware on as long as it shipped with 3.55 or lower without the need of an eflasher?

You will only do a temporary fix, if that without a hot air rework station.

ive got the kit to do full reball with leaded solder

only thing im missing is the jigs as each ps3 version has its own jig e.g. ps3 slim 60gb, fat 80gb, fat 60gb .etc

i got 1 jig for ps3 but the test ps3 i got is not compatible with it lol

aint really played with ps3 as with the rework station aint had time to fine tune a ps3 profile

so i wouldnt do it bro as i would hate to mess it up........... thats why i got a test ps3 ylod just need to order right jig for it

if it goes tits up it only cost me £20 for ps3 lmao

hi, im my experience ps3 arnt great for reflowing, usually need a new chip or reballing, the cost of reballing and shipping costs mate you may aswell by a new ps3 , or second hand one, if you got a new ps3 that was shipped with 3.55 firmware you still need a progskeet or e3 flasher to downgrade it, if you after that maybe buy one thats already on 3.55 firmware, or get any ps3 and get a cobra odde, not 100% if there out yet or not, not looked into it for a while, there quite expensive though around 80 pounds, but e3 flasher or progskeet would cost a few quid, few things to look into though mate,

A proper reflow works and lasts, never needed a reball or new chip ? xbox 360 ones don't as the mainboard is normally warped, I would guarantee my reflows on a ps3 for twelve months.

Just got hold of a slim `sample` cobra ode , just need to fit it when the ps3 turns up , so they should be out soon.
hi, im my experience ps3 arnt great for reflowing, usually need a new chip or reballing, the cost of reballing and shipping costs mate you may aswell by a new ps3 , or second hand one, if you got a new ps3 that was shipped with 3.55 firmware you still need a progskeet or e3 flasher to downgrade it, if you after that maybe buy one thats already on 3.55 firmware, or get any ps3 and get a cobra odde, not 100% if there out yet or not, not looked into it for a while, there quite expensive though around 80 pounds, but e3 flasher or progskeet would cost a few quid, few things to look into though mate,

Back