Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ps2 chip

skywalker

Inactive User
i have a psx 2 that has been chipped with the old neo 4 this was done a few years ago but i am now finding it wont play games that are on dvds can this chip be removed without any problems and be replaced with the latest chip also i dont fancy paying 80 quid for someone else to do it so i am thinking of haveing a go myself can anyone tell me the price of a chip and a good place to get one from any advice would be appreciated thanks

its just had a new laser plays coped games on cdr but not on dvd i think its got to be the it has no problem playing original games but not copys on dvd

Could be one of many things mate, try a diffrent brand of DVDr or burn them at a slower speed.

all i want to know is can i take the old neo 4 chip off and fit the latest chip without any problems oh and goldberg how u going on with your database fitting service is there anyone in north west

all i want to know is can i take the old neo 4 chip off and fit the latest chip without any problems oh and goldberg how u going on with your database fitting service is there anyone in north west

Yes mate you can always take the chips off then replace with a new one (messiah 2 recommended)

I have not had any replies for my new uptodate Fitters list as yet mate. I am in the north east if you are really stuck but someone on here maybe local if they can contact me asap.

thanks goldberg thats put my mind at rest like i said i might try to fit it myself but it would be a lot safer if someone could do it for me thanks everyone

Quote: skywalker i am thinking of haveing a go myself can anyone tell me the price of a chip and a good place to get one from any advice would be appreciated thanks

Messiah 2 Pro £34.99
The most popular no swap mod available. Works on all Euro and American Consoles, fully auto configuring just solder in and go! For PS2 consoles V1 - V9. Includes wiring kit, solder and sticky pad.
http://www.psxrepair.com/eurostore/product_info.php?products_id=28

Gazer.

Goldie m8
if you can get them cheaper than that let me know, as i will do the kids one for them, as they keep nagging me to sort it for them......LOL

Gazer.

I cant remember our pricve lol and my fitter is away until tomorrow so will let you know then ;)

Back