ps2 chip

skywalker

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a psx 2 that has been chipped with the old neo 4 this was done a few years ago but i am now finding it wont play games that are on dvds can this chip be removed without any problems and be replaced with the latest chip also i dont fancy paying 80 quid for someone else to do it so i am thinking of haveing a go myself can anyone tell me the price of a chip and a good place to get one from any advice would be appreciated thanks

its just had a new laser plays coped games on cdr but not on dvd i think its got to be the it has no problem playing original games but not copys on dvd

Could be one of many things mate, try a diffrent brand of DVDr or burn them at a slower speed.

all i want to know is can i take the old neo 4 chip off and fit the latest chip without any problems oh and goldberg how u going on with your database fitting service is there anyone in north west

av you tryed cleaning your laser m8 it worked for me :Cheers:

all i want to know is can i take the old neo 4 chip off and fit the latest chip without any problems oh and goldberg how u going on with your database fitting service is there anyone in north west

Yes mate you can always take the chips off then replace with a new one (messiah 2 recommended)

I have not had any replies for my new uptodate Fitters list as yet mate. I am in the north east if you are really stuck but someone on here maybe local if they can contact me asap.

thanks goldberg thats put my mind at rest like i said i might try to fit it myself but it would be a lot safer if someone could do it for me thanks everyone

Quote: skywalker i am thinking of haveing a go myself can anyone tell me the price of a chip and a good place to get one from any advice would be appreciated thanks

Messiah 2 Pro £34.99
The most popular no swap mod available. Works on all Euro and American Consoles, fully auto configuring just solder in and go! For PS2 consoles V1 - V9. Includes wiring kit, solder and sticky pad.
http://www.psxrepair.com/eurostore/product_info.php?products_id=28

Gazer.

Goldie m8
if you can get them cheaper than that let me know, as i will do the kids one for them, as they keep nagging me to sort it for them......LOL

Gazer.

thanks for your help m8 much apreciated if you could let us know whene you get a price

I cant remember our pricve lol and my fitter is away until tomorrow so will let you know then ;)

Back