Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Problems with TOMTOM 6.0 mobile on the N95

biffo1

Staff member
hi guys ive downloaded the tomtom mobile 6 of Dw for my N95 ive put all the folders on my memcard with a folder called TOMTOM then used the installer to put the program on my phone , i chose to install it also on my mem card also , when i click on the icon , the TOMTOM screen just hangs with the globe going round , is there something im doing wrong , some help would be much appreciated , ive read the threads about the tom tom not picking up the inturnal GPS of the phone but is compatable with and external gps unit .

Hi, I downlaoded ver 6.20 from downloads section and installed it using installer onto my N95 and it works fine. Have you copied maps file across to your phone??

yes all to my mem card in a folder called tom tom , i also installed the program to my mem card , does that have to be on the phone mem,

the problem i had was that i made a folder on the root of my mem card and called it tomtom and put all the files and folders in it , instead of just putting the seperate folders on the mem card , then i installed the self install program to the phone memory instead of the mem card , it then worked for me
regards biffo

TomTom start up screen hanging is usually caused by:-

Missing files, either all the files are not there or they are not exactly where they should be TomTom is not too smart, it has to have everything in its place :)

Copying installed TomTom from one phone to another, its best to use the setup package and install the program again.

New TomTom with Old Maps and vice versa, e.g cracked tomtom with maps that require activation... One of the tomtoms posted with the maps, the version 6.??? maps didnt work with the version 6 tomtom I posted, so tomtom just hangs on the startup screen.

Hi, I downlaoded ver 6.20 from downloads section and installed it using installer onto my N95 and it works fine. Have you copied maps file across to your phone??

hi i have had a look for this and cant find it any help i have just got a N95 and tomtom sounds cool thanks

thanks m8 i was looking in the wrong bit what ver do i want for it to work on N95

is this the one thanks a lot m8

TomTom UIQ 6
Software v6.02 - 14.77M
Maps v6.6 - 182.29M
For phones such as the P990i

Last edited:
Back