Problems with orange, could do with some advice

Seric

Inactive User
Reaction score
A friend of mine is on an orange contract - their phone broke recently, so they took it back to the carphone warehouse shop where they opened the contract. They told them that it wasn't their problem and that they need to talk to orange about it, so they went to orange and they said that carphone warehouse needs to replace the handset. What is the situation with this? I mean, I know that companies love to palm you off to someone else in these situations, but I'm unsure of who to press for the replacement with this case. Who should be replacing the phone? Orange or Carphone warehouse? Anyone have any ideas?

If the phone was bought from carphone warehouse, then CPW should replace it

Depends what you mean by broke?

Is it physically broke ie the casing, screen etc. or is it the software/network coverage?

Also would depend on what type of contract it is.

Take it back to CPW and speak to a manager.

Basically, it won't recieve a signal anymore, tried with other sim cards with the same result, the sim registers (brings up the providers name) but doesn't get any signal good enough for phone calls, texts or what-have-you. I don't suppose anyone knows any statatory rights or something I could quote to the manager if he tries to wriggle out of it?

i'd say its CPW. My sister's samsung d500 developed a fault 2-3 years ago whereby the screen went pink, took it CPW with receipt/invoice and they sorted it with 3-4 days...

I work for orange and as you have bought the phone from CPW it is there responsibility to replace it. If it is a signal issue, then we have to run tests, but if you have tried another sim, then its a hardware fault.

Go back to CPW and tell them u have a generic handset and that you would like a replacment under warrenty. They should then sort it for you.

Dave

Back