Problems with draytek 2110n router

DoomedEarl

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got one of these from ebay... unused.
Took it out, looks brand new, no packaging opened, still had plastic protective covers stuck to sides.
Plugged it in... heres where the problems start...

Switched on and 7 lights start to flash together on and off about 2-3 times a second. The lights are ACT, WLAN, USB, VPN, QoS, DoS, WPS... and the WPS on the front as well.
I have looked on the tinternet and my best guess is it is stuck in TFTP mode. I have tried factory resets, different cables, different PCs, but cannot connect to or ping the modem. Even my computer says there is no network cable plugged in. I've changed computers ip to static. I've tried the firmware upgrade tool in compatibility mode but it times out. I have vigorously used offensive language at it with little or no response, just the continual mocking lights flashing at me. If I switch it off and on, the lights go directly into the flashing mode.

Anybody any ideas before I bitchslap it?

Cheers

Have you tried holding the reset button in for at least one minute (or until the led pattern changes)? If the pattern changes, switch off then back on after a few seconds.

I've been trying to fix this for 2 days... Just before I posted this thread, I packed it back up into the box. Saw your reply (thank you HimHer) and got it back out the box. Plugged it in ready to try the reset for a minute (had done it for 30 secs or so before) and low and behold it booted up correctly!! Wooohoooo. The thought of HimHer answering my thread must of frightened it back to life!
Booted up, updated to latest firmware.... now for the setting up to replace my crap wireless homehub

Thank you

They're usually pretty reliable workhorses and re-flashing fixes the majority of issues. Be worth checking you got the full Draytek warranty though, just in case!

Back