problems putting games on hardrive

doom11

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have just managed to softmod my wii:Clap:,well i think i have..lol
i have just played conduit2 off a backup disk:proud:
i would like to put games on my hardrive,however when i try to put iso files onto hardrive it says files larger than 4gb can not be added to drive.
do i need to format drive to fat 32? or can it be left as ntcs
do iso files need to be converted before being added to drive?.
i have a small 320gb toshiba portable drive or would it be better to use powerd external desktop drive to but games on.

Hi Guys,
I have just managed to softmod my wii:Clap:,well i think i have..lol
i have just played conduit2 off a backup disk:proud:
i would like to put games on my hardrive,however when i try to put iso files onto hardrive it says files larger than 4gb can not be added to drive.
do i need to format drive to fat 32? or can it be left as ntcs
do iso files need to be converted before being added to drive?.
i have a small 320gb toshiba portable drive or would it be better to use powerd external desktop drive to but games on.

what your saying suggested drive is already fat32 not ntfs since the 4gb limit?

Goggle 'wii backup manager', it will scrub the games to removing padding thus making them smaller and copy them to the HDD.

fat32 should be fine, the only big games i know off are SSBB, mario kart and metroid 3 but you can fine dvd5 versions of these.

what your saying suggested drive is already fat32 not ntfs since the 4gb limit?

Goggle 'wii backup manager', it will scrub the games to removing padding thus making them smaller and copy them to the HDD.

fat32 should be fine, the only big games i know off are SSBB, mario kart and metroid 3 but you can fine dvd5 versions of these.

Hi dave,
thanks for your reply yes drive is fat32 could i use ntfs?

Back