CD & DVD Problems burning a rewritable dvd

steveh

Member +
Reaction score
Hi Guys....I have a pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k15ra in my laptop...it burns dvdr no problem....I bought some dvd+rw blank disc's today and when I try to burn a film to them it ejects the disc and won't burn?? Have I got the wrong type of rewritable disc??

Thanks

Your writer is a DVD- writer.....try DVD- disks rather than DVD+

You may find that it writes perfectly....

Hope this helps...

whats the make n model of ur lappy mate , mine states dual layer dvd +_ dvdr and dvdrw disk , what does urs state try again and another burning prog as it might not like th disk or it might b incompatable

its an acer laptop and states....double layer dvd +- rw

The disc's are philips

you may have to format the disk before you burn if its a RW+ blank some burning software doesnt auto do this so you get an error i use my dvd recorder to format my RW+ disks before i use them on my computer: spook :

Can I format then on my laptop?? if so how please

u need to check the spec carefully, i have a dvd-ram drive but also will read dvd + and - rw but will only write to -rw.

my reader does read it as a blank disc..but just won't write to it....so I suppose the anwser is rewitable - disc

Thanks for help

I have now tried dvd-rw disc's .....it starts the burn process then I get an error message saying buffer under run try writing at slower speed.
well tried this down to x2 write speed and get the same error message

Any help please??????

Dont forget it burns dvdr no probs at all

2 things spring to mind

1 firmware in dvd drive, your burning software should be able to tell u what is currently loaded to your drive (nero roxio). once u have that check on your laptop manafacturers web site to see if there is an update or pioneers site or some of the web sites that deal with standalone dvd players have a section for in pc/laptop drives.

2 its donald ducked !

there are differences the way cdr's and dvd's are writen at 1 stage they used different heads (that may be different now) so it is quite possible that 1 will work and the other wont.
a pioneer drive i have a few years ago was fine untill i bought some 8x discs even though i tried to burn at 4x untill i updated firmware then the drive would burn the discs at x4, it was something to do with the media being recognised.

if u struggle to find firmware give us a shout with laptop make model etc

Hi Hitab.....My laptop is an acer 4150 the original dvd player/writer went wrong so when they had it back they replaced it with a
pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k15ra......it does burn dvd write disc's ok..but not dvd rewrite disc, as i said dvd rw+ would not work at all....Now have some dvd rw- disc's...it does start to burn then gives the error.

So not sure whats missing here????

PS the burning software I use is NTI dvd and cd maker 7.....allways works fine

checked the spec

[ PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K15RA ]

Device Properties:
Driver Description PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K15RA
Driver Date
Driver Version 5.1.2535.0
Driver Provider Microsoft
INF File cdrom.inf

Optical Drive Properties:
Manufacturer Pioneer
Device Type DVD+RW/DVD-RW
Interface ATAPI

Writing Speeds:
DVD+R9 Dual Layer 4x
DVD+R 8x
DVD+RW 8x
DVD-R9 Dual Layer 4x
DVD-R 8x
DVD-RW 6x
CD-R 24x
CD-RW 24x

Reading Speeds:
DVD-ROM 8x
CD-ROM 24x

Device Manufacturer:
Company Name Pioneer Corporation
Product Information http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/productgroups.jsp
Firmware Download http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/content/support/support.html

it should do both +- RW and dual layer +- too

u need to check firmware what u have and what is available and flash it.

Hi Hatab...How do I find out what firmware is install....not sure

Would the burning software I am using be the problem??

Hi Hatab...How do I find out what firmware is install....not sure

Would the burning software I am using be the problem??

well using another program would rule that out, and as u are using rw discs then it dont much matter.

firmware in your dvd drive, in your nti software is there a tools section look for info, ive only used nti many many years ago so i dont know it sorry.

ah just thought do u have dvd decrypter if not download many place have this ver 3.5.4.0 is the last version
then use that it will look at your drive and tell u what firmware u have and will check if there is an update for it

tools/drive/check for firmware update

will try that then cheers m8

Just looked with nti.."Tools".....it states firmware version 1.04

What now????

Last edited:
So I have a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K15RA with firmware version 1.04
and the problem is it won't burn to dvdrw + or - but it burns perfectly ok to cdr cdrw and dvdr
perhaps the firmware needs updating? but can't find any for it

Any idea's to resolve problem
Thanks

I had a simular problem with dual layer using Nero the help guys at Nero told me to change the make of dvd and everything was cured so try a different make of dvd+rw

edogg

looks like your firmware is well out of date ver 1.17 is the current version

h**p://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=14&manufactor=25 your drive is near the bottom of the list.

there are instructions on that site telling you how to install firmware.

good luck, make sure you choose the correct firmware to install or it will deffinatly f***up your drive if u flash the wrong version

Back