problem flashing!!!! need help

Heck I dont even have a com port, ended up using the serial cable that came with the eurovox and a usb to serial adaptor from ebay for a fiver.....

But I guess its possible its related to the serial cable....

Total muppetry!!!!

Got it finally,turns out that the man at maplins spld me a rs232 serial cable and not a null cable as required!
When i questioned him about my purchase he told me it was definately the correct cable for the job as the 9 pin null modem cable only came in a female too male and not female to female as required!!

Thanks to Mash for phoning me back today and pointing me in the correct direction and all the other forum users who have offered their advice

thats great news peter, i had the same problem with the cable, will get the other one tomorrow and all should be fine then. Also if some one could add to the tutorial the fact that its a Serial Null Modem 9-Pin Female to 9-Pin Female cable rather than a straight RS232 cable as it'll make it clearer for other people.

Total muppetry!!!!

Got it finally,turns out that the man at maplins spld me a rs232 serial cable and not a null cable as required!
When i questioned him about my purchase he told me it was definately the correct cable for the job as the 9 pin null modem cable only came in a female too male and not female to female as required!!

Thanks to Mash for phoning me back today and pointing me in the correct direction and all the other forum users who have offered their advice

Oh dear lord lol

after all that just the wrong cable....

Anyhow its over with/ flash away and be done with it !

Back