Problem flashing Dream 500c clone box

kingrenas

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm having a problem flashing back on a Dream 500c clone box with Universal DreamUp.

Everything was fine until some channels from BBC start to not working so I decide to rescan to see whether I could find the channels back but instead all the channels vanished and always was giving me an error no channels found.

So I decide to flash with new image using the Universal DreamUP it worked, using backup first after the flash erase and then on the end flash the image to the box.

I didn't like the image so I flash again with the old image back, but the problem with the old image was still persiting in not finding any channels so I removed once more since then always come this error when I try to flash: ABORTED BY USER, EXITING and ask to press OK. I try many times still not able to upload the image.

Is there any possiblity for me to try a different upload using the modem cable because by network is impossible since the image has been erase.

Thanks in advance

Kingrenas

Just use DreamUp with the Null Modem cable. Takes about 10 minutes to flash.

I just use Telnet myself, quick, easy and works everytime. There is a sticky about it IIRC.

Thanks Dazza,

I will try using telnet because I tried with Null Modem cable and comes that error only goes 3% when flashing.

It worked twice since then is giving me hard time.

Thx

Finally I manage to flash again using an old DreamUp from 2007, so I got from an old german site (ump2002.net) that I use to go to get files for my Dream7000 they still have backup of old files.

Thanks for the help

Back