prob after update!

yip a modded (unbanned for now) 360 mate, with the latest dashboard update from m$

Damn it! Just done the same! MW2 and black ops wont work! Although MW1 just booted fine!

hang in there mate! were not out the woods yet but we aint been banned, unless this is what m$ is planning on doing and how easy that this to get past i don't know yet.......

grat news today for the ps3 and drastic news for the 360.... 8-(

Heard the latest from the #fw irc.

#fw: the protection has a new element to it, it's not "classic" AP25 (can't rip the data in the ways it had worked before). No other details yet.

Also read this on the team-xecuter forums from a user that's been in the #fw all day.

"UPDATE:
k3rn3l just came into the irc and described the situation in one word "problems"
when asked if it was AP25, he only said "yes and no"
make what you will of it, he said work would begin in the morning and that was the end of it."

Hope this helps for anyone wondering what the situation is from #fw

hi jan mate, i know you posted saying that it's proba abgx update rather than firmware, doesn't sound very promising if he's saying quote "the end of it" 8-(

hi jan mate, i know you posted saying that it's proba abgx update rather than firmware, doesn't sound very promising if he's saying quote "the end of it" 8-(

eeeeeerrrrr learn to read

he said work would begin in the morning and that was the end of it
in other words work will start and there is no more to talk about dopey lol

And I just copied that off another forum mate. I would say its going to be an abgx update to include the ap2.5 files, that need to be added to the game. I doubt a fw update would resolve this, as we still need the ap2.5 files to pass the checks.

From what I have heard though, MS can implement any number of ap2.5 checks, and can change the check value at anytime. So it may be the end of backups online, and only offline will be possible. But I aint c4, so I am just speculating, I am sure that Oggy or someone will be able to offer a better insight into this.

eeeeeerrrrr learn to read

in other words work will start and there is no more to talk about dopey lol

lol, true (mr i'm trying to load jtag xbla games on to my normal xbox 360....muhahaha) but we won't open that can of worms eh?

it can't be the end of back ups on line ! nooooooooooooooooooo! shoot me self in the face !

Last edited:
I dont think you can put jtag xbla stuff on a non-jtag console mate. Sorry bud!

bwahhh, we know that but don't do it it might hurt a little didn't know that, but hey he's a n00b any hoo..! :banana:

If they can change the AP2.5 checks at will then I would imagine the future being install to hard drive, then perhaps just have some sort of boot disk with the latest CRC/ checksum that the Ap2.5 checks against. Jtags where the kernal is open would be an advantage here because perhaps the correct responce could be hosted online and no need to burn a disk.

If you think about it for full retail it when installed to hard drive it only spins the disk up once at the start (to check for orid disk), has this now changed so it does it a variable stages if not I owuld say there is hope. Has anyone who has the issue installed a full retail copy to the hard drive and got the same issue when playing a backup? If they dont get the issue then the AP2.5 or whatever is causing the issue is in the main body of the game and not in the boot sector.

Might be totally wrong but it is a thought

If they can change the AP2.5 checks at will then I would imagine the future being install to hard drive, then perhaps just have some sort of boot disk with the latest CRC/ checksum that the Ap2.5 checks against. Jtags where the kernal is open would be an advantage here because perhaps the correct responce could be hosted online and no need to burn a disk.

If you think about it for full retail it when installed to hard drive it only spins the disk up once at the start (to check for orid disk), has this now changed so it does it a variable stages if not I owuld say there is hope. Has anyone who has the issue installed a full retail copy to the hard drive and got the same issue when playing a backup? If they dont get the issue then the AP2.5 or whatever is causing the issue is in the main body of the game and not in the boot sector.

Might be totally wrong but it is a thought

I dont think ripping an original to the HDD, then trying a backup would work. The game ID wouldn't match afaik.

Would be worth a try. I would also make a backup of the orig via x800 of the same one that you are trying and burn to disk. Unfortunately my lad has lent his original MW2 to a friend so cant try it myself.

That way we will at least know if the files they are checking are in the boot sector of the disk ie PIA if they keep changing them as in re-burn required which would not be practical. This potentially could be where JTAG boxes come into there own

Confirmed:

After New Dash Update 12625 the following games do not boot (Black Screen):

Black Ops
Modern Warfare 2
Halo Reach

This is an AP2.5 Update so naturally this does not affect non AP2.5 DVD drives (Early Hitachi & Samsung).

If you had LT+ flashed then you will NOT be flagged for a possible ban (good Job c4eva !).

If you did not have LT+ flashed and you tried to boot these games as backups then you are probably flagged for a ban.

AP2.5 Data both PAL and NTSC have been extracted (thanks to c4 and k3) and c4 is now working on the patches and testing will commence.

There will be no need for a firmware update.

We recommend you do not update yet until there is a working method tested and released.

There is no ETA on release so do not ask. if you ask then other members have my permissions to facepalm the offender and ridicule them until they probably start crying.

This is confirmed update and info as of 20th Jan 16:43 GMT

info from

xxx://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60436

[2011-01-20 19:25PM UTC] #fw <c4eva> shut the, f*ck up moaning everyone, im sorting it

[1:14pm] <@xxxx> morning
[1:14pm] <@xxxx> <aaaa> if it's ap 2.5 why isnt that just uploaded to the abgx repo?
[1:14pm] <bbbb> xxxx: heya there any news
[1:14pm] <@xxxx> becuase its not READY yet !
[1:14pm] <@xxxx> yes there is news coming
[1:15pm] <@xxxx> and its looking good atm
[1:15pm] <aaaa> great, thanks xxxx
[1:15pm] <ccc> xxxx is it going to be a patch for games
[1:15pm] <@xxxx> looks like it
[1:16pm] <@xxxx> im back to logging - c4 will be doing all the magic in good time

<@k3rn3l> ok got all the dumps for BO, MW2, HR PAL and BO NTSC
<@k3rn3l> just doing NTSC MW2 and HR.....

so looks like AP2.5 SSv3 has been found for these.

black ops is the only game I've ever ran through abgx and patched with files. all the others are kreon burns, got a drive to rip a few xbox games with but never got round to it, prolly highlighted for a ban me self...lol, oh well least for now there's hope!

Confirmed:

After New Dash Update 12625 the following games do not boot (Black Screen):

Black Ops
Modern Warfare 2
Halo Reach

This is an AP2.5 Update so naturally this does not affect non AP2.5 DVD drives (Early Hitachi & Samsung).

If you had LT+ flashed then you will NOT be flagged for a possible ban (good Job c4eva !).

If you did not have LT+ flashed and you tried to boot these games as backups then you are probably flagged for a ban.

AP2.5 Data both PAL and NTSC have been extracted (thanks to c4 and k3) and c4 is now working on the patches and testing will commence.

There will be no need for a firmware update.

We recommend you do not update yet until there is a working method tested and released.

There is no ETA on release so do not ask. if you ask then other members have my permissions to facepalm the offender and ridicule them until they probably start crying.

This is confirmed update and info as of 20th Jan 16:43 GMT

info from

xxx://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60436

Whats the ETA on this? ;)

lol, you did read the last bit didn't ya? :banana:

Back