Price of System boilers

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone had a system boiler installed recently or any tradies know what the starting prices at system boilers are? We had a new combi boiler fitted 2009 and it cost £1500.00 turns out it was a main combe 30he and crap and I have just paid £300.00 to get it fixed and it has not worked (expansion vessel). We don't want to get stung again so thinking of going for a valliant system boiler but where getting quotes of just below 4k to well over 4k. Seems a lot of money? With this price comes a 10 year warranty.

Sorry I don't know the cost but did you keep your hot water tank when you got the combi boiler done? I know that I got mine removed to free up space.

4k sounds a lot to me. Think I'd want the whole system doing for that.
How much is the boiler that they have quoted for and what are they charging for labour?

We gave the cylinder to the guy that fitted the combi boiler and turned the cupboard into a storage area. All the pipes are still there but just capped off.

Quoted valliant ecotec 630 system boilder and a valliant unistore unvented 210L cylinder. vallliant vrt350f controls. All pipe work and flushing at just a nat under 5k. I have another quote coming in tonight and I am hoping it is more reasonable. I mean if these are the going rates then I will have to stick with a combi boiler. When we changed from the old type boiler to a combi we expected a big reduction in gas consumption but that never happened. We only use gas for heating and showers.

I'm having a vaillant ecotec pro30 fitted in july.
I have an open vent system which is over 20 years old.

my quote is £2240 which includes a fernox TFI sludge remover which is accentual for a combi boiler, a system flush and all pipe work to reconnect the new combi and the removal of old boiler and tanks in the loft.

stay away from national companies and phone some local plumbers to quote you ....

I'm having a vaillant ecotec pro30 fitted in july.
I have an open vent system which is over 20 years old.

my quote is £2240 which includes a fernox TFI sludge remover which is accentual for a combi boiler, a system flush and all pipe work to reconnect the new combi and the removal of old boiler and tanks in the loft.

stay away from national companies and phone some local plumbers to quote you ....

removal of old boiler and tanks in the loft.

you can get a lot of cash for them Ratts take them down to your local scrap yard m8

Sure I'm losing my marbles. Just read the post again and realised its not a straight swap that you want. Sorry mate.

I've had at least one cheapo boiler and there just not worth it. As you have mentioned you want a Valiant or Worcester.

Just done a quick Google and that boiler is coming up as £1,240.80 (inc vat) so 5k seems an aweful lot or is that me being a tight ase! :)

removal of old boiler and tanks in the loft.

you can get a lot of cash for them Ratts take them down to your local scrap yard m8

yep I know that mate, but tbh I can be bothered with the hassle , the tank was probably factored into the original quote anyways mate ;)

the reason its 4K is if you fit a system boiler you are going to have to fit hot water cylinder as well as new boiler go with Baxi 33HE combi with 7/10yr warranty should be about £1600/1700 for supply and install

Thanks for you reply jdgas but I have a maine combe 30he which i think is a baxi and it has been awful. We paid in the region of what your saying years ago and have never been happy. We have had 3 quotes all in kind of the same region and the last company we had come out we are very happy with. We think we will go with him and pay the extra for better quality. Without breaking the whole quote down we would be getting vaillant eco tech 624 boier, valilant 180ltr clinder, valilant 470f promagrammable wireless weather compensating thermostat. plus all other bits and pieces of changing boiler including running new 22m pipe.

Back