new combi boilers activating security lights

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone had any issues with the latest combi boilers activating pir security lights? The parents have just had a new ideal combi boiler installed and the heat outlet is messing with a new security light we put up the other day. Apparantly newer boilers run colder so activate pirs sensors more easily. Has anyone fitted a microwave pir security light yet. These apparntly don't activate with the plumbs from the boiler but can be set off more easily with like trees moving and leaves blowin about.. Anyone seen any security lights with an external pir that can be moved.

If it’s not got an opentherm controller you should be able to turn the boiler temp up. Open therm adjusts the temp of boiler to suit heat demand so it will at some point run at lower temp but initially it will be higher . Non opentherm just switches on and off and boiler output temp is constant.

Thanks Ian maybe there is something I can do with this information.🙂

Hi turner so I am thinking that that light would have 4 X wires L N E + pir then run a live and neutral to pir then one would run back to the be fitted to the 4th wire in the lamp?

no its should be 3 wire and connect to the pir like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for the ideas guys I went round this morning and they have arranged to put a snorkel kit on the flue to lift the gasses away from the light.

no its should be 3 wire and connect to the pir like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was as I really thought the only difference was the live came back from the sensor but instead of pir on in the light they put it direct to light live to switch it on.

Back