PPC for Dummies, or even dumber.

mmbf461

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, new to this so please be gentle.
I have just purchased a Imate 9502 Ultimate, so apart from good general advice I need to know what is the best sat nav programme for it.
I have tried to download TomTom 6 & 7 but although the programme runs I keep getting told no maps can be found.
Have looked around the forum and have found several posts, but could someone point me in the direction to any help that dosnt presume to much prior knowledge.
Sorry if this post is in the wrong place

Thanks.

Mick.:Chainsaw:

Last edited:
Hello mick and welcom to the forum, first things first, tomtom is running so thats good. what version of tomtom have you got on there? once i know that then can point you in the right direction.

Thanks for replying. I have TomTom navigator 6. But have now had to reset my PPC and cant remember how I got it on there before. I seem to now have a mass of files but dont know where they should go and be configured. I would like to have the main application installed in tha main memory with the maps on the memory card.

Thanks again and sorry about being new and simple at this.

OOps, Sorry Devil after reading some of your many posts, I now think I have been trying to install the wrong files. I seem to have collected loads of then now, so I think I best start from scratch.
If you could point me in the direction of the right thread and files for WM6.1 on the Imate 9502 Ultimate. I would be very gratefull.
It dosnt matter what version it is, as long as its relatively recent and works.

Thanks MIke

:Dunce::Fish: NICE CASTLE!!!!!!!

For TT v6 you need this map mate:

Great britain and Republic of Ireland v6.75

When it asks for activation code type AAABBB and all will be good.

Devil666x, any similarly helpful suggestions for TT v7 (.9xx) ?

thanks

thx devil666x, had already found that and intended to use it - I meant ur tip about code above, but since got d/load acees and got the tool on that thread and finally found a map link still live, all is sweet :)
cheers

Back