possible scam?

suarez07

Inactive User
Reaction score
i just received a phone call from someone with a Scottish accent claiming they was from hm revenue and customs they asked for someone in the house that wasn't in so they left a message saying to call 08453021420

i Google'd the number and there was several people saying they had the exact same call and with the same number and that it wasn't a revenue and customs number if you call they ask for your name and n.i number and claim you have been overpaid tax credits and want you to pay them back

A load of bollox m8, the inland revenue wouldn't call you up, everybody is trying to pull a scam and target specific people. Never give your NI number, bank details, DOB etc out over the phone unless you know exactly who they are and even then get names etc.

Even when they do owe you something they never go out of their way to give it back to you!

You have to remind them to process your paperwork if you have overpaid.

Take it from me, ex HMRC employee, they will never ring you or write to you or contact you in any way to tell you they owed you money.

the o/p is not saying the are trying to give him money but that
claim you have been overpaid tax credits and want you to pay them back

I do agree that I can not see them calling you, they would write.

the o/p is not saying the are trying to give him money but that

I do agree that I can not see them calling you, they would write.

I read it wrong, my brain removed some words!

They do always write.

I read it wrong, my brain removed some words!

They do always write.

:) I did the same first time I read it lol

Only posted as people tend to read through last few posts so the whole topic would of gone west lol

Back