Police Stop & Search

MA

Childrens but still respected
Reaction score
What are these all about really!? I mean i must have the world's largest collection of these stop & search forms ! dont get me wrong, on every single occasion i have done nothing wrong - im innocent i swear lol ;) - i've just been matching the description, in the 'wrong place', at the 'wrong time'!

I mean just last week i was stopped because i matched the description of someone involved in a "large disorder involving weapons" : shocked2

Is there anyway to avoid these !? Is there anything i can do if i get the feeling im always being stopped for anything other than "matching the description" if you get what i mean...?

Rant Over :proud:

PS. thanks allroad for the idea for this room :)

Dutcho said:
Wear a t-shirt saying 'it wasn't me' ;)

lol :proud:

nah, seriously, it does get very irritating, cos it's like 15mins of my time lost everytime :(

Mairyhinge said:
Do you wear Cap, tracksuit, socks tucked in and a pair of rockports??

Cap & tracksuit - check :proud:

i understand that i may dress like some of the "troublemakers" but a lot of the time, the "description" is very general, and recently the Police are saying that they cannot tell me what the reported description was - so how am i meant to prevent getting stopped again!!! :Chainsaw:

MA said:
so how am i meant to prevent getting stopped again!!! :Chainsaw:

BAAAAAAAAA

Dont dress like a twat, bet you walk with a bounce also! Weigh 6 stone, and walk with yer arms out as if you were 18 stone of solid muscle....;)

Mairyhinge said:
Dont dress like a twat, bet you walk with a bounce also! Weigh 6 stone, and walk with yer arms out as if you were 18 stone of solid muscle....;)

have you been spyin' on me? :proud: nah, i aint no chav, get me bruv.

Got a pic of him somewhere :proud:...

Last edited:
It may be helpfull to remember...

You are not under any duty to provide name, address or date of birth to any police officer (except for road traffic offences and some terrorist offences). You only commit the offence of obstruction if you provide the officer with a false name and address. See the case of Rice -v- Connolly (1966) on this point.

http://www.hrcr.org/safrica/arrested_rights/Rice_Connolly.htm.

Afaik You can sue!

pburns said:
It may be helpfull to remember...

You are not under any duty to provide name, address or date of birth to any police officer (except for road traffic offences and some terrorist offences). You only commit the offence of obstruction if you provide the officer with a false name and address. See the case of Rice -v- Connolly (1966) on this point.

http://www.hrcr.org/safrica/arrested_rights/Rice_Connolly.htm.

Afaik You can sue!

thanks m8 :Cheers:

yep its true, just been looking at the met police website http://www.mpa.gov.uk/issues/stop-search/leaflet.htm they could've told me this before they stop me :Angryfire i think the police should make everyone of aware of their rights in these situations

Last edited:
narabdela said:
Is it cos you is black?

(In Ali G voice, but serious question)

yes, im black. but part of me is hoping that this isnt the reason im always getting stopped :(

MA said:
yes, im black. but part of me is hoping that this isnt the reason im always getting stopped :(

Look at the figures, you're much more likely to be stopped if you're black. Not fair I know but that's reality I'm afraid.

:grayno: :grayno:

narabdela said:
Look at the figures, you're much more likely to be stopped if you're black. Not fair I know but that's reality I'm afraid.

:grayno: :grayno:
ur correct there mate. dont know really......blacks.... asians.....

lol i was going to post this from the minute i seen the name of the thread.. i was told this from one of the last officers who pulled me i asked him why id been stopped 5 times in 1 day he said becuase its dark im black and wear black clothes next time wear reflectives because then they can see me cheeky f**** i did used to go round in big groups but nothing illegal and was always garunteed at least one pull in the day

and get this last time i was pulled a few weeks back me and my black friend were pulled by 2 black undercover officers for walking behind our white college friends he thought we were robbing them lol and expected me to understand how it looked to him but im mixed race i must be at least half as good?

lol i was going to post this from the minute i seen the name of the thread.. i was told this from one of the last officers who pulled me i asked him why id been stopped 5 times in 1 day he said becuase its dark im black and wear black clothes next time wear reflectives because then they can see me cheeky f**** i did used to go round in big groups but nothing illegal and was always garunteed at least one pull in the day

Cheeky shit, you should have complained, but most the time they want to get a reaction out of you.

I got arrested before, took my down the nick I had my gold bracelet on, the cheeky custody office was passing it around saying how nice it looks on the other officers, I just smiled didn't kick up a fuss and they looked annoyed, bet they wanted to man handle me.

Take no notice I say, if you haven't done anything wrong nothing to worry about.

Back