Police Radio Frequencies

jimbosmith

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi dont know if i can request this or not on here, so please tell me if i cant!! i have one of them radio scanners that hav the low frequencies, does anyone know what frequency they run their radios on? cheers peeps

Sure its all digital now m8

There was a thread on this a few week ago, if you try the search.

don't think you will have any luck though.

Dont even bother mate i was into allthat scene about 2 years ago and you carnt pick them up anymore mate as they have switched to digital frequencies this stops peeps listening to themas there is no way of getting the signal yet.

i know that you can do it in the us but those scanners wont work over here as they use a different setup,got to admit though as soon as sum1 makes 1 i will be getting one again

hope this helps..

Mr P

Dont even bother mate i was into allthat scene about 2 years ago and you carnt pick them up anymore mate as they have switched to digital frequencies this stops peeps listening to themas there is no way of getting the signal yet.

i know that you can do it in the us but those scanners wont work over here as they use a different setup,got to admit though as soon as sum1 makes 1 i will be getting one again

hope this helps..

Mr P

wot will they pick up? dont fancy maryhinges idea of listinig 2 taxis lol

it all depends on what setup you have mate i used to have a base scanner which searched over 100's frequencies a second plus a woper of an ariel on the top of the house(i mean about 15 meters)
Also it depends on where abouts you live mate i used to get manchester,liverpool airport some army baracks,taxis and also the truckies(always slagging each other off)

other than that mate nothing as the emmergency services switched to digital and you know the rest.

Hope this helps

Mr P

they use TETRA protocol at 2.4Ghz.
they also use O2 on 900Mhz as a backup channel.

it cant be decrypted (easily) but you can jam it or even build a type of "police detecter" by scanning for the radio polling the tower every few seconds.
the higher the signal the closer they are.

You might get the neighbors new baby screaming at 2am if you pick up the baby monitor! lol

Used to get this with the old analog cordless phones.

Btw, the better scanners now have a small monitor on them and you can intercept wireless video from security systems and video-bugs.

but they aint cheap!

My computer soundcard picked them up when they had a road block outside my house but otherwise, it's a lot more secure now.

they use TETRA protocol at 2.4Ghz.
they also use O2 on 900Mhz as a backup channel.

it cant be decrypted (easily) but you can jam it or even build a type of "police detecter" by scanning for the radio polling the tower every few seconds.
the higher the signal the closer they are.

is there any information on the net about this "police detector" device???: multi :

you can still pick up the shop patrol and cctv convos. good listen especially on a fri/sat trouble outside of pubs or shop lifters being followed on the cctv system.

i used to be into all of that me self gone dead now tho me ol man still got his home base lol

Listening is impossible these days.

It is possible to view the Helicopter Downlink pictures using an old analogue sat receiver as a tunable IF with Microwave down-converter if you no what your doing :)

There are plenty of other less exciting things to listen to on a scanner like, Fire Brigade, Ambulances, Taxis, Baby Monitors, Analogue Cordless phones, 446 MHZ Two way Radio, PMR Radio systems and repeaters, Radio Ham Bands.... Etc etc...

You could try doing a "Google" on UK Scanner frequencys to get some to get you started.

Regards Coolur
: colors1

i can listen to police on analogue, i dont have a bloody choice. i bought a radio from wilkos last year for the kitchen, and its forever detuning itself, but its always getting interupted by the police radios.
cant explain it tho, sorry

Hi dont know if i can request this or not on here, so please tell me if i cant!! i have one of them radio scanners that hav the low frequencies,

low frequencies !! could be just a 0-30 shortwave reciever, if so theres c.b (27mhz) some amatuer on ssb 14mhz and lots of shippin stuff as well as radio stations & abit of cordless phones....

scanners are dead now throw it in the bin

depends on your use,
if you want weather/telephony satellites or know how to decode video they arent.
and they specially arent if they go into the Ghz range.

of course if you have some 40 quid pile of junk from maplin that looks like a 70's radio then you got what you paid for.

anybody who does want rid of one can give it to me, i'll sort the postage. :)

Back