Please Recomended a Modem

NineLives

Inactive User
Reaction score
Please Recomend a Modem

Hello
What's the best modem to get at the moment? I mean, easy to configure and future proof?
I have the Surfboard 4200E at the moment and its gone off. I goto do the Blackcat thingy to get make the 4200 work and so i'm curious about other short cuts.
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
NTL250 mate, mines been working good for a few months, touch wood it stays like that.

atm i would say webstar 2100 as it jtagable and it works in all areas and it works with 5101 and 250 original f/w

I'm using Motorola 5101 for same reasons as gentlex, not sure if it can use the webstar FW though as never tried.

:)

Can anything be done with an NTL 200 modem? I think that's the number of it, it's silver with a black fascia.

Thanks

motorola sb5101 and sb5100 top modems i never have no probs:pimp:

Can anything be done with an NTL 200 modem? I think that's the number of it, it's silver with a black fascia.

Thanks
hi m8 yes m8 u can hack it look for the 200 tut in the downloads on how to to them

yes the 200 can be done, after you have loaded the firmware you can use
the am(cho)bit ambit configurator 0.971beta tool, to do all the settings and mac changes for you, it makes things easy if your not to sure on things.

and i agree with gentlex, the webstar 2100 is an excellent modem
the webstar2100, ambit ntl-250 and sb5101 are basically the same and will take the same infinite frmware,

if anyone does want to setup a webstar-2100 i suggest follow the ambit_250 guide, cos the webstar guide is a bit too basic and dont tell you all the comands and ip addresses you need to know.
i suggest get the ultimate_250_pack it has everthing you need and a video tutorial, so if you watch the video then follow the 250-guide, all will become more clear to you

Back