please help with setting up vu+ duo.

sherry

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have recieved my box today and i am wondering if there is a channel list that i can download and if so how can it be done.

cheers

Hi,
which image are you using? and have you got a motorised dish or static.
I have just done a scan of the satellite and it brought up all of the channels available. Now I'm just going through deleting the ones I don't need. When I have something usable I'll upload it -28.2 for people to use.
Wizbit77

Use the usals (this is your longitude and latitude) to Set up your dish.
You will need to get the dish pointing south first and then do the inputting of the usals.
I did and auto scan when I was using pli image and this found all the satellites and all of the channels, took about 3 hours mind,. The auto scan doesn't seem to have worked with the vix image. it stalled on 28% so I have had to scan the sats individually.

Have you found out how to install your softcams? I can't seem to get one to install.
Cheers
Wiz

I find this lads lists very good for my Vu+. You will need to use a program called dbedit to edit the list to how you want it and upload to your Vu+.

Use the usals (this is your longitude and latitude) to Set up your dish.
You will need to get the dish pointing south first and then do the inputting of the usals.
I did and auto scan when I was using pli image and this found all the satellites and all of the channels, took about 3 hours mind,. The auto scan doesn't seem to have worked with the vix image. it stalled on 28% so I have had to scan the sats individually.

Have you found out how to install your softcams? I can't seem to get one to install.
Cheers
Wiz

thank you m8. i started doing that but cancelled just now.

i have not tried to install any softcams yet.... im sure that will be another headache :O)

Install a softcam,
Long press blue button, short press green button. Should have a new screen with all of the addons available now - cams being one of them. Click on the cam that you want download and install. -> restart box.
If your using cccam then I think you'll have to write your own cccam.cfg file and ftp it over to the box, it goes into var, etc. I created mine using notepad and saved it as cccam.cfg just make sure you change it to save as all files and not as text or it will automatically change the extension from .cfg to txt.
Restart box again and you should be up and running.
Hope this helps
Wizbit77

I also downloaded the bouqets listing which is available on the addons, been done by b16mcc . It is a lot easier than doing it yourself, and makes the epg much easier to use. A few of the channels are out of date or from the wrong area but this is easy to change.
Wizbit77

Install a softcam,
Long press blue button, short press green button. Should have a new screen with all of the addons available now - cams being one of them. Click on the cam that you want download and install. -> restart box.
If your using cccam then I think you'll have to write your own cccam.cfg file and ftp it over to the box, it goes into var, etc. I created mine using notepad and saved it as cccam.cfg just make sure you change it to save as all files and not as text or it will automatically change the extension from .cfg to txt.
Restart box again and you should be up and running.
Hope this helps
Wizbit77

thats me got the channels sorted i think. thank you.

that was going to be my next question and that is is there a begginers guide to softcams and C/S?

is it worth paying for a C/S server? I have found a couple and i am wondering if i could get the same by a little effort on my own or is C/S the best way.

Thank you.

Back