iPod please help having a nightmare with ipod

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
How do I put music on my sons ipod for crimbo I downloaded the itunes software to my pc and installed it on my pc when i connect the ipod to the computer it does pop up in the tool bar ipod but when i drag files into the itunes folder and disconnect the ipod I dont see any music

I dont want to sync my pc folders with my ipod as i have over a 100GB of stuff in them I just want to drag the music I want onto the ipod

like my normal mp3 player what a fcuking headace any help please lads over a £100 for a peice of shite if you ask me

help please :nopity:

Put the iPod into disk mode then drag the files from iTunes to the iPod and then eject it.
Make sure to always eject it from iTunes.

Sorry for double posting.
I checked iTunes, do the following:
Tick the 'Manually manage music and videos' check box then drag the music to the ipod and finally eject it.

Even if you dont tick that box, its still as simple as just dragging the album over to the ipod.

What makes it even easier is if you leave it on sync, then it just updates the ipod with any new music (if there is space).

I could'nt agree more. I'm in the same boat, got one for the daughter for crimbo (what a pile of ****). Also got a Zen - no problems at all and half the price with twice the screen size.

Anyway back to the task at hand - nanoing :-(

using iTunes isnt that hard though? You just drag and drop?

Ditto!

Sorry to sound a bit off, but what exactly are you struggling with. It really is self explanatory.

Load itunes, there is a Library tab on the top left, drag music over the word LIBRARY and it will had to your itunes library, DO NOT move the source else itunes will not be able to find it for obvious reasons.

Then plug in ipod, a second tab on the left appears with X's ipod, on the main screen telling you firmware and space available, find the MUSIC tab and select sync all.

Tada, job done. If you delete music from your PC and itunes can't find it, it will automatically delete from the ipod believing you no longer own it.

If you want to do this, on the ipod screen tick manually configure music. Then you will have to drag music from your LIBRARY to your IPOD, you can then delete it from the PC and it will stay on the ipod but if you EVER allow it to sync auto it will delete what it can't find.

Hope this helps

ok i must be thick lol ive tried all this ,but when i try to click and drag i get a little circle wth a bar thro it which means you cant transfer ,is there different versions of i tunes becasue i cant see anything about Tick the 'Manually manage music and videos' check box then drag the music to the ipod and finally eject it. ?

You should have the latest version installed - thats the one you want. Are you dragging it onto the bit that says "Administrators iPod"?

yes m8 they just dont seem to want to go over ?canrt even get films over either?
This may sound daft, but it is plugged in isnt it?

Either way, the films may need converting as they go over - which can take ages in iTunes :(. The music should be as simple as just dragging it over.

Looking at your pic, there should be a whole bunch of info under the ipod itself. What do you see in the main window if you highlight your ipod?

:roflmao: no it wasnt a daft question but yes its plugged in i have been known in the past to not have things plugged in, i uninstalled itunes and then reinstalled ,still the same cant move from my folders to library:grayno:

Back