please help flashing pli

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all I’m having trouble here getting a connection; i bought a USB to RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable COM DB 9 Pin Lead. and connected it, my machine found the driver as a USB-Serial ch340 (com 23).

I loaded dreamup and selected com 23 unticked use network and clicked connect, i then turned on my dreambox but it just isn’t connecting, any help would be appreciated

Thanks

you doing it from lappy if so ive tried your way with no luck has to be from base unit i found.

mr p

ive tryd one of these leads b4 and didnt get it to work so ended up getting a

PCI to 2 Dual COM RS232 Serial for less then you paid

but if you search the post dididude i think it was made a tut of how to set up the usb to serial

ive tryd one of these leads b4 and didnt get it to work so ended up getting a

PCI to 2 Dual COM RS232 Serial for less then you paid

but if you search the post dididude i think it was made a tut of how to set up the usb to serial
this is the post

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant seem to get a connection on dcc either, do you think its a cable issue?

I got this box of a site that installed all the software and put the images on and i added the cline for a months viewing included in the price, it wasnt great. When it froze on the picture, i turned it off and since then it wasnt booting up just leaving a black screen.

I contacted them and they said we can fix it for £9.99 using teamview 6. Do you think they have done something to the box?

change com port setting in device manager see if it will connect then.... more than likely usb giving you problems I throw mine in the bin and bought pci card connects first time

Have you got anywhere with your box pal does the box power up does the green light come on ?

if you think its the cable try the one thats goes from your broardband to the router if you think its the box sounds like you hav anothere one if you hav try that you dont have to flash just try and connect c if it picks it up if both dont work then it would be to do with the usb thingy

i tried using dcc and go through my router, it picked up the router/pc but when it came to the box it couldnt obain the ip address, it this a dead box or is there another reason why it cant pick it up?

Hi Jammoboss,

just want to check somthing can you tell me what version of windows your are running on your PC that has the rs 232 to usb cable connected.

Hi Jammoboss,

just want to check somthing can you tell me what version of windows your are running on your PC that has the rs 232 to usb cable connected.

its windows 7 ultimate mate

Do you know what com port the usb prolific driver is parked.

also i have always had to type in the ip in dcc

dont give up you only have to do it once

Last edited:
UPDATE

i went down my mates who has a com port on his machine and guess what, it worked :) but then i came across another problem with an error when uploading the image but looked on the net and saw the DreamUp version 1.3.3.7 has this problem so i went back to 1.3.3.4 and it istalled the image :)

I take it this usb adaptor doesnt work then, as i cant keep going down his house is there any other way of getting this connection?

when you pluged in the usb to serial adaptor did the drivers load ok. Can you go into device manager on your laptop and check that the cable is listed and what com port it is on.

UPDATE

i went down my mates who has a com port on his machine and guess what, it worked :) but then i came across another problem with an error when uploading the image but looked on the net and saw the DreamUp version 1.3.3.7 has this problem so i went back to 1.3.3.4 and it istalled the image :)

I take it this usb adaptor doesnt work then, as i cant keep going down his house is there any other way of getting this connection?

Why do you need to keep using Dreamup? you only need that and a null modem cable when things go wrong, why can't you flash an image via your web browser?

when you pluged in the usb to serial adaptor did the drivers load ok. Can you go into device manager on your laptop and check that the cable is listed and what com port it is on.

hi yes they did load okay, its on com port 23 but i did the com1 change and neither worked.

Why do you need to keep using Dreamup? you only need that and a null modem cable when things go wrong, why can't you flash an image via your web browser?

the machine wouldnt boot up it was stuck on blue screen you needed dreamup? web browser??

Back