Flashing DM500 and DM518 using USB null modem cable

cheecs

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to flash my DM500 and DM518 satellite version boxes, and I'm wondering if I can use following null modem cable which has female adapter on one end and the usb at the other end.

SEE THIS ITEM BELOW

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310230240573&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123]USB 2.0 to RS232 Serial DB9 9 Pin Female Adapter Cable on eBay (end time 24-Jan-11 23:40:39 GMT)[/ame]

I would appreciate if you guys can help me and confirm if any one of you have used this successfully.

Cheers guys

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to flash my DM500 and DM518 satellite version boxes, and I'm wondering if I can use following null modem cable which has female adapter on one end and the usb at the other end.

SEE THIS ITEM BELOW

USB 2.0 to RS232 Serial DB9 9 Pin Female Adapter Cable on eBay (end time 24-Jan-11 23:40:39 GMT)

I would appreciate if you guys can help me and confirm if any one of you have used this successfully.

Cheers guys

not sure if it will work, as no mention of null modem

I used a USB --> serial adapter and then connected a null modem cable to the adapter and worked for me.

you could try flashing image over network using flash wizzard just load over your network
i have used technomate version of same using my 9100 very easy and a lot quicker
don't know what others think but i thought serial upload was only needed nowadays to correct a bad flash with dream up
just me two pence worth

dont bother forking out money for that shite mate.

ftp image into tmp folder,
rename it 'backup.img'
telnet into your box and paste the following command:

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

Back