Plea Commando Team!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

northantsandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that the infuriating thing with the Commando and Commando-based images is that, yes, an amazing amount of free time has gone into them but this means that people are more protective of the images than the old Sportster images.

This means for the few of us who genuinely experience picture freezing, no picture at all at times and no ability to scan we have very little support as it can't be the image can it? It must be us so we get no help...

I wasted £20 on a signal booster yesterday after advice (finally) from the board which far from helping actually only found 80 channels with no radio!

Commando developers, please be pragmatic and please work with those of us for whom the image doesn't work to get things going.

By claiming the Commando images is the mutt's nutt's you've excluded all the other images on the boards, it seems, which leaves a sizeable chunk of us in trouble with no tangible support.

I originally posted this thread here, but think it's important enough to start a new thread.

northantsandy said:
I think that the infuriating thing with the Commando and Commando-based images is that, yes, an amazing amount of free time has gone into them but this means that people are more protective of the images than the old Sportster images.

This means for the few of us who genuinely experience picture freezing, no picture at all at times and no ability to scan we have very little support as it can't be the image can it? It must be us so we get no help...

I wasted £20 on a signal booster yesterday after advice (finally) from the board which far from helping actually only found 80 channels with no radio!

Commando developers, please be pragmatic and please work with those of us for whom the image doesn't work to get things going.

By claiming the Commando images is the mutt's nutt's you've excluded all the other images on the boards, it seems, which leaves a sizeable chunk of us in trouble with no tangible support.

I originally posted this thread here, but think it's important enough to start a new thread.

have you tried changing ucodes, cams, trying different images etc and having a play about to see if anything helps. also there's an image in downloads for 16mb boxes i'm almost cetain ( not 100%) it says could help problematic boxes, the developers are doing what they do for everyone not just a chosen few, if that was the case a lot of people on here would be fooked, so a bit of respect and a few politely put questions will get you a lot more help than slagging people off.

seanicca said:
a bit of respect and a few politely put questions will get you a lot more help than slagging people off.

I've been polite along with many others. The fact is many of us can't scan, don't get a picture, have break-up problems and again and again we all post for help and get some advice which ultimately doesn't work. This is why I started this thread: there seems to be an attitude that this image is the best ever so it must be you not us.

Living in a democracy I thought I was allowed to have a different point of view to you - it's called having a constructive dialogue. DO NOT presume to accuse me of being rude or ungrateful because I have a different opinion to you.

northantsandy said:
I've been polite along with many others. The fact is many of us can't scan, don't get a picture, have break-up problems and again and again we all post for help and get some advice which ultimately doesn't work. This is why I started this thread: there seems to be an attitude that this image is the best ever so it must be you not us.

Living in a democracy I thought I was allowed to have a different point of view to you - it's called having a constructive dialogue. DO NOT presume to accuse me of being rude or ungrateful because I have a different opinion to you.

i understand your frustrations and all the help you or anyone gets is from people that are really trying to help m8 and we can not blame anyone

but if anyone like you where it continues then may i suggest the best way forward would be to try lots and lots of images even the one a while ago that was the old boxcracker that has sorted out some boxes and then the pacino ver1.0 which has sorted out some and the new dw teams image that has sorted some out as well

im sure that if you continue changing images and ucodes and driver settings you will get there in the end and then you can post in here to help others out and explain how you did it

cheers

DO NOT presume to accuse me of being rude or ungrateful because I have a different opinion to you.
i DID NOT presume i read your post and got the impression you were having a go at the commando team.
the reason a lot of people think this image is the dogs bollocks is because they've tried it and it works for them, i myself prefer pacino 2.1, if it doesnt they try another until they find the one that works for them, the problem might not be the image but your box, all boxes are different, i had 2 sagems both 2x but one didnt work with pacino so had to revert back to sportster, try other images if this doesn't work post your bootlog for someone who knows to look at and see if it's hardware.

what about this from someone that has tried the new DW image wow this is what he posted

grant said:
What can i say??????????????
Had a dud dbox for about a year now, tried every image out there with no results, this one works great,

thanks guys

northantsandy said:

i,m sorry we cant please all the users on this forum
we colectivly as a comunity try to help where we can

if however you wish to spend 3 days solid creating an image and expect excelent feedback then i wish you look as it,s not gonna happen

ask any of the modders on here if they have the perfect image for someone elses box and i,ll come and install it for you

also if you dont think your getting enogh good advise on this forum
then try another

were not all perfect unlike yourself and probably all have the ocasional glitch on our boxes.

do what i do....

one word
GOOGLE

why don't you use a sportster image. Scan to find your channels, save the service.xml and bouquet.xml and reflash commando and copy over these files....

Wow what can i say, try another image this one dosnt suit everyones box no image does, but thanks for the feedback

I can understand that you are frustrated but Commando is not the only image around.

It is a bit unfair to expect the Team to be able to make an image that suits every single dbox in existance.

Dboxes are like ps2's lots of different hardware revisions so to make one image to suit all is just unreasonable.

How many different images have you tried ?
to list a few commando, dw uk01, pacino, jedi, laky, next gen, boxcracker (plus boxcracker 3.5 head very good with problem boxes but crap for scanning), sportster, keywelt plus a few others.

£20 for a booster when the argos one is only £7.99 and a search for booster would show you this ?, It maybe that you need an attenuator not a booster, it may even be that your box is just plain knackered.

I have not seen a post where they claim it is the mutts nuts and that all over images are not worth trying could you please post a url as I would certainly refute their (supposed) claim.

You have a right to your opinion, I hope you respect my right to my opinion which is that you seem to be expecting the impossible.

No image will work on everybox 100%

You will want people to come to your house to look at the box next.

I have read your other post, I see you more as frustrated with a problematic box than rude or ungrateful, I don't think you are going the right way to get help though as anyone who offers help may get the same treatment if they don't fix your box.

I went through this with my daughters box which up until friday would only work with boxcracker 3.5 head, it seems quite stable with the new UK01 release by this site. So I know what it is like to be frustrated but having a go while making you feel better will only alienate you.

Have Fun

northantsandy said:

Last edited:
i think all the latest images are EXCELLENT! you just have to find 1 that suits your box & have a play around with the settings m8 you will definately get there in the end!!:Clap:

@northantsandy
I can truly understand your frustration, but this is the sort of attitude that lost us all the great modders in the first place.
We should show our appretiation to 'Team Commando' who kept things going during the 'lean' period and keep things 'polite' now that we have some of the 'old' modders back. We wouldn't want to lose them again.

Re.: Your problem: I would definetly try the latest 'Jedi', 'Laky' or 'DWUK01' images as they show a vast improvement on previous images. As always, it REALLY does depend on your Dbox. If you still can't get any of these images to work, I would suggest maybe to buy another Dbox just incase you do have a 'dodgy' one.

Peace

northantsandy said:

The aggravation is that every time we try to raise the issues I've outlined we get the "yes but it's the greatest image in the world" line...

Now it can't be me cos every day different members post the same questions about the same problems again and again - does this not suggest something?

northantsandy said:
The aggravation is that every time we try to raise the issues I've outlined we get the "yes but it's the greatest image in the world" line...

Now it can't be me cos every day different members post the same questions about the same problems again and again - does this not suggest something?

If you look at who most of these queries and problems come from its junior members. And most solutions could be found if these junior members bothered to use the search function.
Yes, there are faults out there that haven't been covered before, and faults that will stress out even the most experienced Dbox user, but the majority could be solved by searching and reading.

northantsandy said:
<snip>
"yes but it's the greatest image in the world" line...
<snip>

just done a search can't find this quote ( " quotation marks)can you give me a url please.

I also use all the other forums so if there please pm me.

or are you just blowing steam ?, if you are your not going the right way to get the help from the forums you seem to want.

I have not seen anybody say this is the greatest image or any other image, each image has it's virtues and it's downfalls.

I get the impression you have an axe to grind with Team Commando, I can't see why but then that is your business.

The fact that it took you from 1st January to 30th April before you acknowledged your box was a 2x not a 1x shows that you don't like to listen to advice, but I will try 1 more time to offer help, it is of course up to you if you want to listen, I know your not new to forums (brumbino) so I am quite shocked that you act like a newbie.

what images have you tried
what are your readings (red then blue) on a working channel and a non working channel.

what ucode you using

Have Fun

Last edited:
northantsandy said:

lol! The best thread I've read in ages. Very good. I dont understand the "more protective than ever bit" but it doesnt matter, the rest made me laugh hard enough.

@ Nothantsandy, lookin at ur previous 32 posts you seem to take more than you give, peeps have worked very hard on this site and the last thing they need is an ungratefull div like you flamin their hard efforts. I suggest you do more reading searching and experimenting like we all have done instead of expecting everything handed on a plate for you, oh, and grow up.

: asshole well said , i for one am grateful for all images and support on this site ,it is the only forum where noobs dont have to be scared as shown by this thread ,if you had put this on unlockers you would have been banned no question so if you dont like it go elsewhere or buy a betterbox like a dreambox .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back