playstation 1 emulator

Erbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i got epsxe emulator and i need a step by step to run roms, these programs are pretty

vague when it come to let you know how to load up these games

please if someone has a guide then i would be truly grateful

If it's like other emulators with disk based games I would assume that you run the emulator then put the game of your coice into your CD/DVD rom and it plays it. Or mount the game ISO in a virtual CD/DVD rom.

Here's a link to the faq on the epsxe website - http://www.epsxe.com/files/ePSXe_FAQ.txt

EDIT:

Just tried it and apart from wanting the PSX Bios files it was fine.

Just run the epsxe program then config select CDrom then pick which plugin you want to use, I selected "epsxe cdr wnt/w2k core 1.7.0"

You have to select which BIOS you want to use goto config then select bios and pick one from the dropdown menu. (the bios files are not present in the official epsxe emulator due to copywrite reasons)

Then goto file and select ether run cdrom (for using disks) or run ISO (for using ISO images).

Last edited:
Yes you'll deffo need the bios file(s), google it.

Also there's zero need for physical discs or mounting ISOs with virtual disc drives, I use both epsxe and also nulldc (for dreamcast games) and I just use command lines and point them to the iso files, make a shortcut, change the icon to the game's cover and at that point it's just click n load - as if it were a no cd cracked pc game.

I did write a massive faq about this sort of thing on another forum which I was banned from and the said stickied post was deleted....in any case to use command line in the case of epsxe you'll need the epsxecutor tool and create an individual profile for your said game and point the profile to where your ISO disc resides....so for example in the options tab you'd type something like this into the cmd line box:

"-loadbin "C:\PSX\Syphon Filter 3.bin"

Include the quotes, and the -loadbin command....and the file type be it .bin or .iso - that's just an example....and this is a quick and dirty explanation but it gets you exactly what you want once it's done for your games, just click n load.

Skipping ahead if you want your icons to look nice and you want good software to create icons for whatever images you download, use Axialis Icon Workshop. Best software I've found yet for that sort of thing. Easy to use too.

Last edited:
I have these BIOS files on my FTP if you need them,

PSX
PSX - BIOS41A.BIN
PSX - SCPH1000.BIN
PSX - SCPH1001.BIN
PSX - SCPH1002.bin
PSX - SCPH101.BIN
PSX - SCPH3000.bin
PSX - SCPH3500.bin
PSX - SCPH5000.BIN
PSX - SCPH5500.BIN
PSX - SCPH5502.BIN
PSX - SCPH5552.bin
PSX - SCPH7000.BIN
PSX - SCPH7001.BIN
PSX - SCPH7003.BIN
PSX - SCPH7502.BIN

PS2
PS2 - DTL-H30001_BIOS_V2_USA_110.BIN
PS2 - erom.bin
PS2 - ROM1.bin
PS2 - SCPH10000.bin
PS2 - SCPH3004R.bin
PS2 - SCPH39001.bin
PS2 - rom1.bin
PS2 - rom2.bin
SCPH-50009_BIOS_V10_CHN_190.bin
SCPH-70006.bin
SCPH-70008.bin
SCPH-70012_BIOS_V12_USA_200.bin
SCPH-90006_BIOS_VX_HK _220.BIN

PSO
PSO - DTLH3000.BIN
PSO - DTLH3002.BIN

Last edited:
Google ???

Took me about 3 seconds looking for "PSX bios"

Try these, the first has everything you need. Bit slow to start downloading, but its all there, and no hoops to jump through just to get to the downloads. Click the links and off you go. Oh, and it also suggests epsxe is the better PSX emulator

EmuAsylum - Emulators

If you want a torrent of just the PSX BIOs files :

PSX BIOS files (download torrent) - TPB

ISO images are dead easy to find, either newsgroups or torrents or from various file hosters like HotFile, RapidShare, FileServe, etc etc etc

Again, Google is very quick and usually gets you what you want straight away, another 5 seconds searching got me this

For starters, try here, BUT you NEED to register to get access to teh direct download links. Not much effort for what appears to be EVERY PSX ISO including JAP, USA and PAL

Sony Playstation / PSX PS1 ISOs | Emuparadise

I use epsxe in my mame machine with the game-ex front end. epsxe will play ISO files without mounting them, all you need is at least 1 bios file. I have around 150 games that all work with epsxe.

Back