Playing Zelda vs Twilight Hack

Scarfish

Inactive User
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question but is it still possible to play Zelda and save games etc while the Twilight hack is still on the Wii. Don't you f*ck up the hack or something?

Should be fine. Once the hack is done you can overwrite the save file.

Some say you should keep the hack just to be sure. Not sure why that is 'cause you should be able to do this with Starfall right?

I think you can have multiple save files with zelda, just don't overwrite the hack one.

you can have 3 profiles on zelda

the hack is always number 1

but wether adding another profile to the save data will stuff up the hack i dont know

Yeah I know that it's possible to remove the hack and just save your game, but is saving a game to the hack f*cking up the hack? Guess I'm gonna try soon :Frog:

Anyway is the hack needed if you wan't to recover a Wii from a brick?

i wouldnt have thought you need it for brick a it only installs the stuff you need to do the softmod, maybe im wrong but seems logical to me :)

part of the starfall thingy recovery says to leave the save on the wii, then inthe event of a brick, plug in a gamecube pad and press Y and itll boot from the hack file??

or something like that lol

im sure english or another Wii boffin will clarify it

If you use Starfall you need the Twillight Hack so you can autoboot Zelda and use the hack to reinstall you System Menu (for example).

Besides this I finally tried saving a new game to the Twilight Hack and guess what. It looks like we can use the second and third slot for saving our games. I just saved a new game to the second slot and tried the hack. It still works. The only thing that changes is that the banner of the save is the Zelda banner again.

If you use Starfall you need the Twillight Hack so you can autoboot Zelda and use the hack to reinstall you System Menu (for example).

Besides this I finally tried saving a new game to the Twilight Hack and guess what. It looks like we can use the second and third slot for saving our games. I just saved a new game to the second slot and tried the hack. It still works. The only thing that changes is that the banner of the save is the Zelda banner again.

Why are you still using Starfall? Preloader is the way, I've corrupt file system bricked a Wii with Preloader on and all I had to do was hold reset and press power on and dealt with it from there, when Preloader booted. didn't need the TP hack on or even a disc in the drive. It reads .dols off Sd card so you can recover any which way you see fit. :)

You misunderstood ;). I was actually answering the question why we should have left the TP hack on with Starfall. I am using PreLoader and was just curious about what happened when saving a new game.

You misunderstood ;). I was actually answering the question why we should have left the TP hack on with Starfall. I am using PreLoader and was just curious about what happened when saving a new game.

Got yer sorry mate ;) You sussed it then lol

Back