playback screen size is small on xbmc

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys ive just recived an mx android tv box before i started messsing about with it
the playback on xbmc was ok ie the correct screen size for the video,but i been messing
somewhere to get the picture spot on (i know if it aint broke dont fix comes to mind lol)
anyway ive been into the xbmc settings and adjust the settin for playback and try
and the screen is only a quarter size then what it should be,so while the video is playing
i move the cursor onto the movie reel to adjust screen then exit out and its still same size
before i started to mess the screen size was normal ie filling the whole screen and not the quarter
of screen
can anyone shed any more light on this (i got a feeling that its gonna be a simple fix,but ive been round the settins off and on for a few hours)

using mx box with 4.2.2 jellybean f/ware
xbmc is gotham 13.2

Are you adjusting the playback settings from System-Video-Playback or from within the actual movie screen as its playing?

ive messed about with both but just noticed from settings the option to change screen size is greyed out and its gone back to normal mode instead of saying 16.9 also ive messed in the settings on the actual mx box as the screen was overlapping

Sent from 2 tin cans and some string

You tried ' \ ' ( a backslash) ? - I get it on my Windows xbmc box, starts windowed and even tho it's set to full screen it's not. Could be just a Windows thing mind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a do with this defaulted the screen size in the mx settings also defaulted screen settings in xbmc. tried it again and it was still the same so I ended up unplugging it from the mains for a couple of hours then plugged it in tried a vid and the screen size is normal filling the screen and not a qusrter size at bottom right corner. so im gonna leave as it is

Sent from 2 tin cans and some string

Back