Play Xbox ISO from HDD

dilpz

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a softmodded xbox running EvoX. I was wondering whether it would be possible to mount and run a game ISO I have uploaded to the XBox HDD and what tools I would need to do it.

ANy help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Dilpz

try using Quix. it will extract the xbox iso to your hard drive then as you have softmodded it will play on evo. when you extract make sure you extract to the right folder. might have to look at you evo.ini to see which one. normally F:games.

also if your using the origial hdd then ull only get the 1 game on it i think

If you extract the iso and ftp the files to a games folder on your xbox it will play.

Otherwise use QUIX if you have the avalaunch dash

Hi Guys,

I have a softmodded xbox running EvoX. I was wondering whether it would be possible to mount and run a game ISO I have uploaded to the XBox HDD and what tools I would need to do it.

ANy help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Dilpz

The xbox can't mount the image like a pc can, but like others have said it will extract teh image onto your drive for you.

Sorry guys, my bad. forgot to mention I have unleashX and not EvoX.

You can use virtual drive tools to run a iso on xbox with an 'nkpatcher' based softmod... there are a few games (Toca race driver 3 for example) that will only work from hard drive this way.

note, some softmod packages have the 'virtual' drive disabled when it was compiled (god knows why).. example 'kingroach's' ndure from 'xbox scene' has it disabled but 'Krayzies' has it enabled..... anyway you can always compile your own nkpatcher and replace your one to make sure

another note.. make sure any iso over 4gb is split (using a file chopper) to overcome the xbox file system limit..sizes must be a multiple of 2048 bytes.. also no more than 8 splits

i have attatched the tools.. read the readme.. it's all straight forward

Back