Planning to buy a game console

hoss6800

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

Had a quick look in the Consoles section and couldn't find a general section to ask this question
I have never had a game console and don't know much about them. My little daughter (6.5 years old) has started going on about them.
I don't know which one to buy, Xbox , PS3 or Wii
I am planing to buy this as xmas present and would prefer something that make her move about a bit, rather than sitting on sofa staring at screen.
which one of these is better for games, dance ...

Thanks for your help

xbox with Kinect
will is move for every thing
xbox are easy to mod not sure about wii tho
wii would be best if you want her moving imho

xbox 360 with kinect, the wii is just about to be superseeded by the wiiu, and with the wii you only move your arm, but with kinect, they will be jumping around like a loony lol. the wii is by far the easiest to mod out of the two though.

For that age, I would go for the Wii, Wii is far easier to mod.

I had a Wii and an xbox 360 with connect, my seven year old never bothered with the xbox and always preferred the Wii.
Seems like more of a kids console. ..

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys,
Meanwhile I have been chatting with few colleagues and it seems Wii is more child friendly option.
I need to do some reading tonight and start bargain hunting :)

thanks again for your help

Thanks guys,
Meanwhile I have been chatting with few colleagues and it seems Wii is more child friendly option.
I need to do some reading tonight and start bargain hunting :)

thanks again for your help

Well it looks like the wii is your choice but if you decide to get an Xbox check my post in the bargain section :)

You can get preowned wii's cheap mate so that's always an option :)

Sent from my telephone.

i think Wii's are more kid friendly, more kid friendly games but it's just been replaced by the newer model. Still, means u can get a few 2nd hand bargains.

360 + Kinnect is more grown up but there are still quite a few kids games.

Deffo Wii for a child of that age. Huge back catalogue of appropriate games. Easy to mod and although an Xmas present I would suggest buying a second hand one, either modded or do it yourself (very easy) as they're so cheap these days - even second hand, if anything it's usually the drives that can be worn and if you mod it and stick a hard drive on, you won't even need that. Reason being the Wii-U will be out before Xmas and if in 6 months time that has been cracked then you've can invest the real money on a new generation console, possibly birthday present if she's 6.5 years old now, and all Wii games are backwards compatible. Although it could be a year, both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are on their last legs before the next generation is released.... you're not going to see any improvements in playability of games in the meantime, nor make any impact on the number of games suitable for a child of 6-7.

2nd hand Wii is around 50quid, then say £65/£70 for a 1tb harddrive, couple quid for an sd card and your sorted..

as had been mentioned huge number of child friendly games available.. :)

Hi guys

Thanks for yours helps
In terms of accessories, what are the essentials parts?
My little one is into dancing (at the moment), what parts do I need for that?
Thanks again for your help

I see lots of faulty ones on ebay, that "don't read disks" otherwise OK
Can I buy one of these and configure o read of external HDD.

Thanks

Hi guys

Thanks for yours helps
In terms of accessories, what are the essentials parts?
My little one is into dancing (at the moment), what parts do I need for that?
Thanks again for your help

All I need is a Wii, non sdhc sd card and a decent size hardrive (get one with power supply, usb powered ones can be problematic), a bit of patients and time to mod it. ..:)

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

You normally get 1 remote and nunchuck. Although not needed for dance games, it's worth buying a 2nd pair, preferably a motion plus one as she'll want you to make a fool of yourself with her playing other games and prancing around the living room ;)

Can you please answer this question
I see lots of faulty ones on ebay, that "don't read disks" otherwise OK
Can I buy one of these and configure o read of external HDD.

Thanks for your help

dont see why not,

using a harddrive to play backups of the games you have "bought" is the preferred option...

Do you need any kind of disc access to trigger an exploit for modmii etc?

not any more m8...

don't need a disk drive at all.. :)

Back