pipex problems

steharg

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all

just recently got pipex broadband... speeds pretty ok so far but..

the connection keeps freezing every so often - i have the supplied speedtouch 330 usb modem.
the only way to get the connection back is to restart the computer which is strange?

i have been downloading from newsgroups as well but only 1 connection open so not hammering it.

any ideas?

the connection keeps freezing every so often

I was on Pipex for years without any problems, then the freezing started. Pipex said it wasn't their problem, so I lobbed them and changed to BT. Never happened since then.

hi all

just recently got pipex broadband... speeds pretty ok so far but..

the connection keeps freezing every so often - i have the supplied speedtouch 330 usb modem.
the only way to get the connection back is to restart the computer which is strange?

i have been downloading from newsgroups as well but only 1 connection open so not hammering it.

any ideas?

First thing to do is go to pipex/homecall website and find the new drivers for the modem, the old drivers ar enot very good on adsl max. I would also like to mention something they don't tell you in their blurb, you have a download limit of 1gb per week during the hours of 6pm to 11pm, should you exceed this thet will cut your speed to 250kbs - 500kbs, BE WARNED I had this happen to me and its not much fun. Outside these peak times your ok to download as much as you want, I do mine at the weekends.

Also consider ditching the crap router they send you and get a decent one, I use a Netgear wireless with pipex and no probs here.

pipex

i am with pipex it was the worst thing i ever did if you use torrents or p to p the cap you but they wont say this to you i found it out on a diff forum i have the text the user put in if i have it saved i will post it so you can see for your self

thanks for the help

ive just got myself a netgear wireless router so ill see how it goes with this

Back