Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

pipex problems

steharg

Inactive User
hi all

just recently got pipex broadband... speeds pretty ok so far but..

the connection keeps freezing every so often - i have the supplied speedtouch 330 usb modem.
the only way to get the connection back is to restart the computer which is strange?

i have been downloading from newsgroups as well but only 1 connection open so not hammering it.

any ideas?

the connection keeps freezing every so often

I was on Pipex for years without any problems, then the freezing started. Pipex said it wasn't their problem, so I lobbed them and changed to BT. Never happened since then.

hi all

just recently got pipex broadband... speeds pretty ok so far but..

the connection keeps freezing every so often - i have the supplied speedtouch 330 usb modem.
the only way to get the connection back is to restart the computer which is strange?

i have been downloading from newsgroups as well but only 1 connection open so not hammering it.

any ideas?

First thing to do is go to pipex/homecall website and find the new drivers for the modem, the old drivers ar enot very good on adsl max. I would also like to mention something they don't tell you in their blurb, you have a download limit of 1gb per week during the hours of 6pm to 11pm, should you exceed this thet will cut your speed to 250kbs - 500kbs, BE WARNED I had this happen to me and its not much fun. Outside these peak times your ok to download as much as you want, I do mine at the weekends.

Also consider ditching the crap router they send you and get a decent one, I use a Netgear wireless with pipex and no probs here.

pipex

i am with pipex it was the worst thing i ever did if you use torrents or p to p the cap you but they wont say this to you i found it out on a diff forum i have the text the user put in if i have it saved i will post it so you can see for your self

thanks for the help

ive just got myself a netgear wireless router so ill see how it goes with this

Back