Picons Not Working

Just to be sure, can you telnet into box and type:-

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

and post back if any other locations of picon show except for /media/usb/picon.

cheers ketmp just done it and all it comes up with is /media/usb/picon

Two things come to mind now...

1. Was the image a fresh usb flash of recent image rather than an online update?
2. Is your usb stick formatted as FAT32 or ext3/4 (ie initialised via image)?

image was a fresh flash, have not done online update, just assumed it would be upto date,

ill reformat usb and try it again but im pretty sure its already formatted as I was using it for crossepg and working fine.

ah right online update is saying image is out of date (there is a risk your dm will not boot after online update or will show disfunction)???? is this normal and should I continue??

cheers.

Fresh flash from what source and what was date of source?

Sometimes images don't mind FAT32 and sometimes they don't like it I've noticed. Eg timeshift has to done to ext3/4 rather than fat32.

The initialise option within menu will sort that but of course you will lose everything on usb stick.

lol right ok, so I downloaded this OpenATV 4.2 iptv backup dm800seV2 ssl88a from here but just noticed its dated 9 sep 2014......clearly missed the 14 that's why it has 190 updates.....

so is it safe just to go ahead and hit update from image??

It's not normally recommended to online update from a really old image.

There is a file replacement you can try. Bear with me whilst I try to find it...

UPDATE:

Attached is file (please extract).

Back a full image backup just in case then do the following:-

Telnet into your box and put box to sleep by using "init 4"
Then ftp the attached file to, /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/ and ensure you over-write existing file.
now from telnet type command "init 6" to restart box.

Attachments

• Picon.rar
    2.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
thanks mate, if its easier just to flash a new upto date image that's no bother.
could try atv 5.0

cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks very much for your time mate worked a treat, ill stick with this image for now as its working perfect but may need to look into newer image in future

thanks again : thanks :

Back