• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PI-HOLE®: A BLACK HOLE FOR INTERNET ADVERTISEMENTS

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
So I install this on a raspberry pi, and then direct the router to use it as a dns server?

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
yes. Im not sure what router you have but you should have at least 2 dns server entires on your router.

change the second to the IP of the first and change the first to the IP of pi-holes host.

you can also use pi-hole as your DHCP server as that what i do. it gives you far more options to play around with.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
yes. Im not sure what router you have but you should have at least 2 dns server entires on your router.

change the second to the IP of the first and change the first to the IP of pi-holes host.

you can also use pi-hole as your DHCP server as that what i do. it gives you far more options to play around with.

Gonna use a raspberry pi model 2, just setting it up now. Just hoping it won't slow the internet down!

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Its all working. I just used it for DNS so it was simple enough to change the router to use the pi-hole.

Most importantly, my internet speed has not dropped. Was worried as i think the raspberry pi 2 does not have gigabyte lan port.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Anyone with a raspberry pi sitting doing nothing then they should give this a whirl. Best thing my raspberry pi has done yet!

TEST