PI-HOLE®: A BLACK HOLE FOR INTERNET ADVERTISEMENTS

Sounds good and I have a pi knocking about, but I use uBlock Origin addon for chrome and don't get ads at all, not even on youtube.
I simply utilized it for DNS so it was basic enough to change the switch to utilize the pi-gap.

In particular, my web speed has not dropped. Was stressed as I think the raspberry pi 2 does not have gigabyte lan port

i am sorry
Dafont 123Movies FileHippo
I simply utilized it for DNS so it was basic enough to change the switch to utilize the pi-gap.

In particular, my web speed has not dropped. Was stressed as I think the raspberry pi 2 does not have gigabyte lan port

pi-hole only resolves DNS queries for you. It not having a gigabit port would not make any difference as the packets it is sending/receiving are tiny and all your traffic does not go through it only the DNS queries.

Has anyone tried combining Pi-Hole with a VPN?

There's a tutorial here: How to pair Pi-hole with an OpenVPN to block ads and increase privacy on Ubuntu / Debian Linux - nixCraft

Also my Raspberry Pi is currently set up with RetroPie but it only gets played once in a blue moon. Is it possible to set it up with PiHole for most of the time and then when I wish to play games, boot it into Retropie? Or would I need two seperate SD cards?

Actually two SD cards wouldn't be a problem because I recently upgraded from 16GB to 128GB for more games, so I do have a 16GB one kicking around somewhere I could use for PiHole, I guess.

Back