‘Sick’ individual plants razor blades and used cat litter in food gifts in Burgess Hi

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
‘Sick’ individual plants razor blades and used cat litter in food gifts in Burgess Hill

Unpleasant and bizarre items have been found in bags provided by Burgess Hill Community Food Bank.

Within the bags they generously donate, employees have found a box of sage and onion stuffing with razor blades in it, a used butter container full of potato peelings, used tea bags and a coffee far filled with used cat litter.

Chris Aldridge, who works at Burgess Hill Community Food Bank, said: “It’s a seriously warped person that’s doing this, I don’t understand it.”

He said he was disgusted particularly at the cat litter which had been urinated on.

“Someone’s planing unpleasant and weird things in our boxes, they’re playing games with us.

“It’s happened now and once before, it’s all starting up again,” he added.

Burgess Hill Community Food Bank was set up in 2013 to help people in crisis, to provide them with food.

Bags of food, enough for three days for a family of four, are available from the distribution centre at The Spire Cafe, St John’s church, Burgess Hill.

Chris continued: “People really need our help, and when people do things like this it makes it difficult to help, it’s really sick.

“It’s absolutely unbelievable.

“I have no idea why people are doing it and to be honest I don’t understand,” Chris added.

To receive food, clients will need to obtain a voucher from one of our partner agencies.

If you are in need of food, please go to the how to get food page on www.burgesshillfoodbank.org.uk, or if you would like to help or donate to the Burgess Hill Community Food bank email [email protected].

Source:?Sick? individual plants razor blades and used cat litter in food gifts in Burgess Hill - Mid Sussex Times
totally disgusting and uncalled for :(

Re: ‘Sick’ individual plants razor blades and used cat litter in food gifts in Burges

It just goes to show how successfully the politicians and media have been in stigmatising those on benefits and turning the ordinary "tax payer" against the poor, unemployed and disabled.
That is the REAL DISGRACE !!!

Re: ‘Sick’ individual plants razor blades and used cat litter in food gifts in Burges

It just goes to show how successfully the politicians and media have been in stigmatising those on benefits and turning the ordinary "tax payer" against the poor, unemployed and disabled.
That is the REAL DISGRACE !!!

Nope,just shows theres sickos about as usual thats all.

Life on benefits has proved to be a huge success for some people. They brag about holidays, Sly TV, ect. Is it any wonder the general public, the average hard working family turn against these people. Nobody goes short on the benefit system in this Country.It is the working man that suffers. I am with @D 8 RCS on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perhaps you want to try living life on benfits for a year and see if you still agree.
I'm sure you will love it.

I did specifically state Some people not all. I am sick to death of reading/hearing about free mansions handed out to people, free holidays to help depression. We have to save up for our holidays and this year we will not be going anywhere. Opening up more soup kitchens? or asking for unopened tins would be a more safer option that would save all the nastiness and hate that some people think and do.

Does make you laugh that SOME on benefits get free food,and they can afford Mobile phones fags and go out drinking holidays drive around in a car.I no this is only a very small section of unemployed

A very very small minority are fiddling the system, dont get them mixed up with the ones that are struggling in life and need all the help they can get.

Agree^^ its only takes 1 in a 10000 for the press to label every one scroungers ,but that is what sells the daily gutter mags

Perhaps you want to try living life on benfits for a year and see if you still agree.
I'm sure you will love it.

I am on Benefits and Low Level Disability Living Allowance (Although after assessment the local council were happy to provide me with a Blue Badge because of my mobility issues).
I come up against complete polar opposite opinions on my position, I have a close neighbour who abhors the fact I am on benefits and openly shows his disgust at the fact, I have relatives who make snide remarks about it and regularly post anti-benefits posts on the local Facebook page where they know my wife will see it.
Fortunately I have others who are supportive and realise the health problems I have and are disgusted with the way I have been treated and amazed at the problems I have suffered whilst claiming benefits.
The only "new" things in my house are 3 carpets (2 off-cuts with 2nd hand underlay and a Sale carpet in the living room with underlay off the internet and fitted by an elderly carpet fitter for a very low fee). I have a 42" TV that I had bought several years ago when I was in employment, but almost everything else is 2nd hand bought at very low cost or in some instances for free. We do a lot of our shopping from the reduced counters or in the low cost supermarkets, we do struggle and despair at times and I was reluctant and reticent about receiving hand-outs, but pride doesn't provide !!
Maybe from the outside looking in I am living an easy and comfortable life, but nothing could be further from the truth !!
However, I also realise that there are a small percentage out there who take advantage and work the system in a fraudulent way but in the main those are either working on the side or of the criminal persuasion and have no morals or respect, and these people really need to be caught and punished !!
It needs to be recognised that there are those like that out there, but it also has to be recognised that reducing and restricting benefits for everyone is creating poverty for the sick, disabled and unemployed and that is not a solution !!
Target the offenders, not a whole section of society !!
Many do not realise how close they are to being in that unfortunate position or how quickly things can go wrong and living standards plummet.
As of yet I have not had to use a food bank although I have been at the point of requiring to do so, some people have no shame and have utilised this option despite having no need to which only reinforces some peoples view that everyone on benefits is scamming the system, some would say there should be stricter access to the Food Banks, my view is that it is a disgrace that we need Food Banks and in my opinion as I said before it is the success of the politicians and media in stigmatising those on Benefits and managing to create hostility from the average working person against those on Benefits.

You quoted my answer to miggy, I know you are on benefits you have posted the fact on here.

You quoted my answer to miggy, I know you are on benefits you have posted the fact on here.

You may know but others may not, and I just wanted to express my view from the prospective of someone on benefits as you had pointed out.

Back