"Perminant" Fix for 250's yet?

daftdom

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have had a read around the posts and was hoping if anyone with a 250 (ideally in an ex C&W area) has found the new fixes have solved all these problems were having at the mo.

I have a modded 250 with infinate (I think) and still have the option to do a "p" so I know its not locked out. I have had my modem switched off for some time now but I dont want to mess up something and find VM lock me out of the modem when I connect it back up.

So has anyone got a 250 working either with a 20mb mac or any other speed? Or should I just leave my modem off for a few more weeks while you cleaver guys (and gals) can confirm the best hack for the future?

Thanks very much,
Dom

Hi Guys,

Right I have just read a post which says that if you can find a vaild 250 mac from another UBR then you can add that into your modem after re-flashing your modem from infinite, but when you use a good mac the firmware of the modem will be updated locking you out of the modem.

Is this correct or have we found a way to re-flash the 250 after each time it locks us out of the "p" option?

Sorry about all the questions but I'm hoping it might help someone else having all these questions in one post :)

Thanks,
Dom

theres no easy fix to get the modems back to the 'p' option.

you can remove and reprogram the chip in willem.
or you can drill a hole int board and use a blackcat but theres no solid proof as of yet.

Back