Permanent Timeshift: Which Micro SD do you use?

Kamikaze62

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to use my micro SD card for permanent timeshift but whichever card I try is glitching when timeshifting on HD channels. It is fine when using the hdd storage for timeshifting so I think it has something to do with the SD cards I'm using but I'd like to get it working so the hdd is not spinning all the time and only when recording and watching recordings. I recently bought a Samsung Class 10 16gb as I thought it was a speed issue with the Sandisk 6gb and 32gb class 4 cards I'd tried but all have the same problem. I'm fairly sure all cards are genuine as bought from Amazon with some research done.

If you have got permanent timeshift working on HD channels using a micro SD please can you post the make/model/class of the card you're using.

Cheers.

I'll post the details of my system in case anyone is aware of something else that could be the problem that I've overlooked:

DM800SE (Clone)
Running Dream-Elite 3.0 r4
I believe it is the latest permanent timeshift e2 release (1.1?)

I personally use a sandisk usb stick mate and that's fine
I know that doesn't help with your problem, but do you have a USB knocking around to try and see if it still glitches ?

:)

I personally use a sandisk usb stick mate and that's fine
I know that doesn't help with your problem, but do you have a USB knocking around to try and see if it still glitches ?

:)

I use the same 16gb sandisk stick that rat uses, as he recommended it to me and its more or less fine, I get an odd glitch here and there and certain higher quality HD streams but on the whole it's fine, I don't have perm timeshift on though it only starts recording when I press pause, I was finding it slowing the box down otherwise and was getting large files left on the stick from time shifting that I had to manually delete.

Back