People who moan about Freeview

hamba

Inactive User
Reaction score
I can't believe how some people are never happy and no matter how much they get always want more.

Two or three years ago all most folks had - who didn't want or couldn't afford Sky - was a choice of 4 or 5 channels.

Now we have quite a few more on Freeview, and it keeps growing, and still you get the whinging.

Probably because as the number of channels increase the quality of programming on any individual channel decreases.

The vast majority of the programming now available (not just Freeview here either) seems to be interminable repeats of the same programs just rehashed and repackaged over and over again.

Even the so called quality channels (BBC1/ITV1) resort to repeating the same episodes of programs over and over (Eastenders/Coronation St etc). The majority of people these days have video recorders or equivelent so why on earth is there any necessity for these "omnibus" editions.

Unless you are into sport then, apart from the odd exception, there is actually very little to keep you occupied and you are forced into making your own entertainment by hacking yet more channels in a vain attempt to find something watchable ;)

I guess its a form of greed.

Back when we only had 5 channels (6 here in Oxford :proud: ), we didnt really know there was anything better (unless you had sky), so we didnt complain, we were happy with what he had. But now that we have a wide range of channels to choose from, and the possibility of this number growing (depending on what platform - not freeview as there is virtually no bandwidth left), we want more.

Also, for those who cant afford to pay for extra TV channels, we see what channels are available on, say, TUTV or Sky, and we suffer from "forbidden fruit syndrome". We want what we can't have :(

I think we should be grateful for the channels we have, and any new additions to the freeview lineup should be welcomed with open arms :)

And you're getting a digital quality picture with anamorphic widescreen transmission on the good channels. What's to moan about when you can buy a box for less than 30 quid nowadays?

where i live if you cant speak welsh you only have 3 channels, and people are happy enough with that, untill...............

they go to someones house who has sky or has had a huge aerial fitted for freeview, then they want it all, for next to nothing, by this time yesterday

as long as they willing to pay im willingto fit the gear for them, but as we're 18 miles outside the freeview 'predicted' coverage, and have a few mountains and a twisting valley between us and the nearest freeview transmitter (nearly30 miles away) i make them sign a disclaimer against ANY channels at all working ;)

sometimes peoples greediness (is that a word?) is what causes them their problems that they are maoning about in the first place

Its all well and good moaning about repeats but im sure the Beeb and ITV would love to have enough original programming to never show any repeats but im not sure we would love the £500 licence fee and the 5 mins of ads on ITV every 10 mins!!

Even on freeview there is a wide selection of programming and now Film 4 has gone free there is a dedicated movie channel showing decent stuff~!!

i am very happy with the channels i get and i look forward to more coming soon so fingers crossed

I love freeview, Ukhistory is always on my screen and film four is a great addition...I miss men and motors but that was just for police chases, I can see those looking out my window....

Back