PDF Gurus

calisto

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

have got this PDF document here but it is a knitting pattern for someone but need the writing & diagrams enlarged cos lets just say, they getting on a bit, so can anyone help please?

Attachments

• pdfkp00188_knitted_noahs_ark_plus_animals.pdf
    531.7 KB · Views: 24
Can't do it from a pic but you could cut and paste into a wordprocessor or PM the pdf?

There are various saved states of PDF. Some are saved as editable, you can edit using programs such as Adobe Illustrator to change and then save back as a PDF (this type also allows you to select the text and copy to clipboard etc.) or they are saved as compressed picture PDF's they have been literally saved for the best part as a jpeg, although the file extension is PDF and can only edit it as you would a jpeg/bitmap image so no means of highlighting text. If this ever happens you have to OCR (object character recognise) the pdf using programs like Adobe pro.

And after all my waffle you'll be glad to know your PDF is totally editable! I've just tested it.

Last edited:
There are various saved states of PDF. Some are saved as editable, you can edit using programs such as Adobe Illustrator to change and then save back as a PDF (this type also allows you to select the text and copy to clipboard etc.) or they are saved as compressed picture PDF's they have been literally saved for the best part as a jpeg, although the file extension is PDF and can only edit it as you would a jpeg/bitmap image so no means of highlighting text. If this ever happens you have to OCR (object character recognise) the pdf using programs like Adobe pro.

And after all my waffle you'll be glad to know your PDF is totally editable! I've just tested it.

Thanks for that, so I just need to download Adobe Illustrator & resize the PDF?

Thanks
Calisto

Calisto, I have split the pages in the PDF, What was one A3 page now takes up 2 x A4 pages portrait. When you go to print you can scale each page as big as your printer can print.View attachment pdfkp00188_knitted_noahs_ark_plus_animals.pd.pdf
If you want it increasing some more I can split the A4 pages into 2 x A4 lanscape. (12 pages in total) Just let me know.

Calisto, I have split the pages in the PDF, What was one A3 page now takes up 2 x A4 pages portrait. When you go to print you can scale each page as big as your printer can print.View attachment 85408
If you want it increasing some more I can split the A4 pages into 2 x A4 lanscape. (12 pages in total) Just let me know.

Many many thanks for this m8 :)

Upload to an on-line ocr site >Free Online OCR - convert scanned PDF and images to Word, JPEG to Word <to convert to an editable docx. I wanted to attach the result but this forum wont let me. Converted to .doc in the hope it would work but it was too big. Too drunk to mess around any more but if you follow the first steps you will have an editable document with formatting and pics.

if you have MS Office, then I think one note does PDF to text conversion

Back