pcworld laptop £199 in sale

yeah mate your right, they did have more of a right than i did, but pc world shouldnt advertise them all over the place and say OPENING 9am when they give out tickets at 8am. there were alot of disapointed people there 2day, the queues were massive, i wasnt too far away from the door, but people came at 9am not knowing anything other than 199 laptops. they told me 2 come back at 8.15 2morrow, but if theyre telling that to people all day, some people will be there at 6am 2morrow, and i aint gettin up early again. i really need a laptop now, im looking around on ebay, but you cant get much for £200 quid really. (not thats any good anyway) if anyone knows about any good laptops (at least 1.1 +ghz and 256+ ram and 20/30gig hd) please post it here, thanks

keep an eye on the refurb section of the pc world website.
quite often have laptops for £299, much better spec than the £199 one.
Presume these are internet returns so as good as new (12 month warranty included).

I went to PC World at 8:30 and there was a huge queue

Ended up getting the Compaq C300 for £450, didn't want the £200 laptop to be honest.

I've got about 3 laptops so far and this one was for my step daughter and wanted something kinda decent

But there was people there at 6am :Laugh: feck that lol

Got one from the PC world in Leeds this morning, I was there 7.30 but the tenth person didn't get there till around 8am, so its worth a try tomorrow if you can be bothered. The spec is very basic but the daughter is well pleased.

i rang the pc world head office to complain and they said that theyve been reciving complaints all morning, in some places they were queing at 3 and 4 am which is just sad. i went to the blackburn one and it was PACKED. they also said they give out the 10 tickets to avoid riots and its purely for crowd control.

i aint gunna try again 2morrow because people will be showing up at pc world all day 2day, and they will be giving out the same story, "come early 2morrow and get a ticket" etc... i heard people talking behind me and one was saying that his mate isnt coming untill 10am because he reckons they had loads. dead wrong he were. i just feel a bit ripped off, apparently the same laptops will be back to 299 come thursday.

good luck anyway to people who go, u never know! : bart :

sold out

I didn't want the laptop but was near the store in Middlesbrough where i overheard a conversation saying what everyone thought.....The store only had 10 and had sold out straight away

well this is how it went:- got to pc world at 8:30am loads of people there already doors opened at 9am all rush in (you need a coupon for the offer) go to the centre of the shop and straight to the manager who says sorry they have all gone.but no one there got one except for one guy who i didn't see in the entrance.so i go up to an assistant and asked him who got them all and he said there was only one left anyway but they should have some in by tomoz 10 per store.so everyone what a con could have had a lie in this morning but instead tried to achieve the impossible.

...they told me 2 come back at 8.15 2morrow, but if theyre telling that to people all day, some people will be there at 6am 2morrow, and i aint gettin up early again. ...

6am ain't that early ... Little 7-year-old kids in China were up hours earlier than that making them so that westerners like you can buy them so cheaply. The least you can do is slide your pampered butt out of bed.

top buy

good find by tomlad. sounds like a really good find. why the hell can i never find deals like that when looking! wi-fi card & dvd writer an ur sorted mate!

good find by tomlad. sounds like a really good find. why the hell can i never find deals like that when looking! wi-fi card & dvd writer an ur sorted mate!

cheers mate, i hope it turns up soon! i cant wait to get my hands on it, i will try and buy a wireless kit soon as well so i can network it without having to have a massive trailing wire around the house! lol

I went to PC World at 8:30 and there was a huge queue

Ended up getting the Compaq C300 for £450, didn't want the £200 laptop to be honest.

I've got about 3 laptops so far and this one was for my step daughter and wanted something kinda decent

But there was people there at 6am :Laugh: feck that lol

i paid 545 quid for my c300 last week, before the sale from currys, do you guys think i can get back the difference if I take it back?

i got one of those £199 laptops, went on the first day at 7.50 am and there was already a crowd i was eighteenth so missed out. following day got there at 4.45 am and still a crowd but with a difference i became the seventh person so was in with a chance. stood freezing my bollocks off for nearly 5 hours but was worth it because the way i see it it was a brand new lappy with a 12 month warranty even though spec was nothing spectacular. does the wife for her on line games. so all in all not a bad buy. just out of intrest any1 read the advert in the news on the world for these laptops on sunday?...it states it has a dvd rewritable but the lappy doesnt it has a dvd rom drive cd rewritable bit of a mis-leading advert. anyway off to start another thread as i need a decent spec wireless router lol. jon2005.

Last edited:
Sadly missed out on this opportunity. Really wanted a cecond lappy for my boys.

i bought my missus a compaq 2500 p4 out of my local paper £200 as 1 of the keys is loose, then bought a brand new wireless card, now both are re-dundant as she wanted one of these. the only difference between the 2 is the compaq is a bit heavier and with 1 loose key. so i,ll wait till january and put them both on ebay, any1 on here wanting a cheap laptop with a brand new wireless card pm me. jon

im now speaking to u all off my laptop i bought from ebay! :D im glad i didnt get one of them pc world ones coz theyre usually meant to be 99quid apparently. i hate pc world 2 be honest, they just overcharge you on everything

Hate PCWorld, any time you do try and get something on sale they never have it and try and sell you something at twice the price.

The only time I go in is to get a look for what I am after and then cross the road to an Independent and get it at half the price.

Back