PC speaker help

xxjaylo

Inactive User
Reaction score
2.1 - good all rounders for games, OK for films with surround sound.
5.1 - ideal for directional sound in games and movies with surround sound.
You'll also find 6.1, 7.1 and 8.1 sets.

I've got the 2.1 kit of those Logitech speakers for LAN games at my mate's. Having had a set of 2.0 speakers from PC Line in the past in the past I'd say go for the Logitech.

the logitech ones are belters. i have these and i could not believe the bass i get off them. its outstanding for the money you pay for them.

i cannot rate these enough for the cash you pay. google logitech x530 review and read what other people think of them. very rarely do they get a bad review.

i live in a modern flat so i have to turn the bass on the bass unit all the way down to zero otherwise neighbours would be going apeshit...

ONe thing to note though if you intend to have the rear speakers sitting somewhere behind you and far away from whatever they are plugged into then you will need to buy extension cables for them. I bought these from ebay and they work fine. i ran them over the loft and then down from each corner of the ceiling as this suited my set up better.

5.1 are better than 2.1 and i have some from creative im sure i paid £40 notes from argos and they are superb. Great for gaming and v loud when playing music. To clarify, the 5.1 means 5 surround speakers and one bass box equaling 5 speakers.2.1 = 2 surround and 1 bass.
Ive had speakers from sony, phillips and logitech but creative are by far the best ive had for buck you cant beat buying from a dedicated sound provider who deals with pc system ie creative labs or logitech.

Back