buying a plasma tv

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
made a topce before, but i cant find it lol. im looking at buying a 50"plasma at the weekend, around the 600-700 mark, to be used for watching movies and tv via hdmi in a large room. i dont have any clue on spec, so i want some info on which set is the best as ive seen a few
samsung for 649, nice looking tv, i prefer the samsungs stylish look
Samsung PS50B451B 50" Plasma TV - Cheap Samsung LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, HD Ready TVs
panasonic for 600
Panasonic TX-P50X10B 50" Plasma TV - Cheap Panasonic LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, HD Ready TVs
lg for 620
LG 50PQ6000 50" Plasma TV - Cheap LG LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, HD Ready TVs
which would be the best tv to buy?
cheers in advance guys

Are you going to be watching a HDTV source?

Coz your DM600 isn't HD.

yeah mate, forgot to update my sig, got an 800 now, and watching movies through hi def media centre

anyone? im not sure on what makes a good spec tv

I got a panasonic Viera model mate, think its the th42pz80b or something like that lol

great tv picture wise, not very good interface for settings.... although does the job.

:)

I don't think that the other two can touch the Panasonic but other people have their own opinions on that. I'd buy the Panasonic every time as the other two are aesthetically pleasing to look at but don't offer decent picture performance. Just my personal opinion though, YMMV.

Out of the 3 you've listed i'd also go with the Panasonic mate.

Also a good place to look is w*w.avforums.com

ahhh the pannys not availible now :( anyone seen any other offers kicking about?

I have the LG mate and I am more than happy with it. For me sound was one of the deciding factors as much as picture as the wife is hard of hearing, and the reviews say it is better than others of a similar price in this department.

Side by side with a Sony it probably looks pants, but when I watch it I am very impressed and believe me I am picky.

thanks for the input messa :) im just wanting to gte the best one for the money lol, as to me they all look the same in the shop lol

I too would go for the Panasonic, I have a Panny CRT IDTV now and bought it on the picture quality etc and has been problem free for nearly 5 years now.
I'm about to upgrade to A 37" Plasma and according to which magazine the panny is the top of their list.

cheers guys, swaying towards the lg as i cant find the panny anywhere online for the same price range

cheers guys, swaying towards the lg as i cant find the panny anywhere online for the same price range

Thats the crux of it pal, people are comparing two products as if they are similar, but one is 55% more expensive than the other, thats significant in my view !

Another thing that swayed me towards the LG is that the screen surround is flat glass all the way to the edge, there is no picture frame.

I would have another.

yeah thats what i like about it, it looks good :) gonna go into town on sat and see if i can blag any shops to do it cheaper :p

they've just put a 50" plasma lg in our local and it looks fab.

Back