PC, or standalone Media Streamer?

Had read of this thread and no has mentioned the Popcorn Hour C200 which can be fitted with a harddrive and Blueray drive,I know its little expensive but you would have a drive that would play DVD's as well so you could rid of one Box under the TV!

Its over priced go for the 1 without the harddrive and get a hardrive from elsewhere for less the spec seems to be fine as a media player

edogg

cyclone looks half tempting since its 70-80 quid and u can install a 2tb in there.

Such a shame we dont have 4tbs yet, would be so lovely too have a decent media player with 2 satas and 2 slots of hdds for future proofing.

This is one the main reasons ive been pondering just build a nas/storage server and fill her up with lots of 2tbs.

Popcorn players still amazing but apparantly alot to mess about with, its not like the medi8ter player or xtremer or other players which can have u up and running in 5 minutes, but it is more vertsatile and soon will have Xbmc plugin support.

Id still love too build a mini htpc pc with lots of 2tb hdds and put xbmc on it :)

cyclone looks half tempting since its 70-80 quid and u can install a 2tb in there.

Such a shame we dont have 4tbs yet, would be so lovely too have a decent media player with 2 satas and 2 slots of hdds for future proofing.

This is one the main reasons ive been pondering just build a nas/storage server and fill her up with lots of 2tbs.

Popcorn players still amazing but apparantly alot to mess about with, its not like the medi8ter player or xtremer or other players which can have u up and running in 5 minutes, but it is more vertsatile and soon will have Xbmc plugin support.

Id still love too build a mini htpc pc with lots of 2tb hdds and put xbmc on it :)

XT Pro has 2x 2gbs slots, and it will soon have a very good movie jukebox.

I am a big XT fan but I know people are frustarted that the movie jukebox doesnt work yet but it is coming very very soon.

in short no mate, ps3 doesnt play mkv and some xvids dont have sound - this is all easily correctable via converting to the relevant format and these can then be stored on the ps3 itself - but no it doesn't play owt you chuck at it you would have to mess around a little. but one advantage for some in that case (or disadvantage for certain others) is that you aren't streaming and it's all local.

EDIT

£300 is a bit steep for a second hand ps3 - best be getting a few games with it otherwise you're getting ripped! lol

sound mate i got him down to 200 but I am going with the sum vision cyclone. I like an easy life. plug and play

Acer Revo R3610 running XBMC Live installed to HDD.

Its an Atom 330 so barely takes any power, works in suspend so powers up in seconds and can play anything.

also dual boot Windows 7 on it, incase i fancy some poker from the sofa.

Also comes with a vesa mounting kit, so mines attached to the back of my tv.

took the plunge last week and bought this. the 1.5tb version £160 . does what it says on the tin but if anyone has one and can get in linked wirelessly with vista i could do with some help. the box does ee my pc but asks for a subnet id.

Just look in your router, it'll be there. Most likely it's 255.255.255.5, but possible it could be different.

Or open a command prompt and type
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Just look in your router, it'll be there. Most likely it's 255.255.255.5, but possible it could be different.

Or open a command prompt and type
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

your some man dazza cheers. I was trying to get the player to talk to the laptop but sorted now mate

ta. have you got one yourself?

your some man dazza cheers. I was trying to get the player to talk to the laptop but sorted now mate

ta. have you got one yourself?

No, got an Xtreamer myself. All much the same though really, until you start fiddling and making them your own. That's where the XT is best IMHO. The community support is excellent, lots of clever folks, (Jaffa inc') making it just that little better to work/play with.

No, got an Xtreamer myself. All much the same though really, until you start fiddling and making them your own. That's where the XT is best IMHO. The community support is excellent, lots of clever folks, (Jaffa inc') making it just that little better to work/play with.

The jukebox looks very good, a tad slow at 1st but really wonderful work by the community.

The jukebox looks very good, a tad slow at 1st but really wonderful work by the community.

Yeah it looks excellent. Can't wait to get my hands on it! (I was going to to do my scraping beforehand to speed things up, but not got round to it yet.)

Shame their forum is so poor, never seen such a badly laid out board. Shocking.

The devs have done some great work though. :Clap:

Yeah it looks excellent. Can't wait to get my hands on it! (I was going to to do my scraping beforehand to speed things up, but not got round to it yet.)

Shame their forum is so poor, never seen such a badly laid out board. Shocking.

The devs have done some great work though. :Clap:

No need to scrape Dazza, it will do it for you. Mind you I only had 215 movies but it found 211 folders and info. and the other 4 I did manually.

The real Devs are amazing, some are mods now and deservedly so.

No need to scrape Dazza, it will do it for you.

Yeah Jaffa I know that. But I was going to do it manually because it won't take as long as the auto version. Cap(?) advised it as well, IIRC, to lighten the load if people wanted to get it up and running quicker, once the FW gets released.

Back