pc getting slow , would really appreciate your recommdations please

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
so my pc is getting slow now so i want to upgrade it to make it faster when coming on and going between pages , i would really appreciate your recommendations as to what to buy as i am really not techy on these things .

so currently i have
4 gig of ram
motherboard - GA-H55M-S2H

and are thinking about buying scandisc ssd plus 1 TB sata 111
to run widows on as i have a very old hardrive in it at the moment [12 yers old ]

what would you recomend if anything , do i need to buy a new motherboard if so what one ? .

1- Click Maintenance

Attachments

• 20221117_115634.jpg
    20221117_115634.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
You never said which windows os you are running but definitely add the ssd for a massive boost in speed. 4gb of ram is like a minimum for win 10 so I would increase that too.

I have an 250gb ssd drive 8gb ram running windows 10 pro and everything runs smoothly. I also don’t store lots of data on my laptop and us two portable drives with important stuff stored on them.

I have an 250gb ssd drive 8gb ram running windows 10 pro and everything runs smoothly. I also don’t store lots of data on my laptop and us two portable drives with important stuff stored on them.

"Stuff"? 0 - whistling.gif

(Say no more. wink15.gif )

You never said which windows os you are running but definitely add the ssd for a massive boost in speed. 4gb of ram is like a minimum for win 10 so I would increase that too.
Thankyou for your reply I'm running Windows 10, should I get a new motherboard, if so what one would you recommend please

Thankyou for your reply I'm running Windows 10, should I get a new motherboard, if so what one would you recommend please
Not really mate. Your mobo will run an i7,5 or 3 with LGA 1156 architecture. It is usb 3 and has DDR3 ram. It's not the fastest compared to a more up to date motherboard but depends on what you use it for.

If you're not playing heavy games why bother?

EDIT...............Just seen that your motherboard is only sata 3 and not 6. This makes a difference when buying a replacement hard drive and with the speed of that hard drive. Pointless buying sata 6 although they are backwards compatible. If your only using your pc for browsing I would stick with the motherboard

Last edited:
Not really mate. Your mobo will run an i7,5 or 3 with LGA 1156 architecture. It is usb 3 and has DDR3 ram. It's not the fastest compared to a more up to date motherboard but depends on what you use it for.

If you're not playing heavy games why bother?

EDIT...............Just seen that your motherboard is only sata 3 and not 6. This makes a difference when buying a replacement hard drive and with the speed of that hard drive. Pointless buying sata 6 although they are backwards compatible. If your only using your pc for browsing I would stick with the motherboard
Yes only using the pc for brousing, so I'm thinking get another 4 gig of ram ( I have 4 already) and get the ssd drive to put windows in.

If just browsing I dont see the SSD making alot of difference, apart from starting the browser, but not page changes

If just browsing I dont see the SSD making alot of difference, apart from starting the browser, but not page changes
No one just browses on their pc. No doubt he has a number of applications including some type of office program. His existing mechanical drive is 12 years old. It's done it's job but time to move on. The price of ssd's now it's a no brainer to replace it.

thank you all for the replys its appreciated

Give Glary Utilities 5 a try, m8 will definitely speed up your pc
Thanks for pointing us to Glary @spud1966 . I've been using Ccleaner for years but Glary seems to dig a bit deeper. I have a few older, reasonably spec'ed laptops that are getting a bit slow, it will be interesting to see how they respond.

I swapped from Glary to Wise Care 365.
Find it a lot better

Back