pause live TV function?

forest1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the TM800 or any other reciever has this function. pause live TV

thanks

Most E2 receivers have this functionality,although the TM800 is not like most E2 receivers so I'm not sure on that particular model,

and the term your looking for when you are researching is "Timeshift" capability :)

Most E2 receivers have this functionality,although the TM800 is not like most E2 receivers so I'm not sure on that particular model,

and the term your looking for when you are researching is "Timeshift" capability :)

Nice one didn't realize that was the Timeshift function, cheers mate, so is it easy to use??

There was a fix for the TM800 by Jimux and his team. A modified installation process was done by simon4545.

Which is the root directory on the reciever??what folder do i drop it in to? thanks

the main folder structure..... / ........

When you open FileZilla and see your tm800 that's it :) from reading the readme you just replace the whole folder :)

When you open FileZilla and see your tm800 that's it :) from reading the readme you just replace the whole folder :)

when you say the folder you mean the "usr" folder entirely?

can i use the window ftp tool that always works for me its just drag & drop

Yes mate :) as long as it replaces usr folder it should work :)

Right now i have the timeshift function, thanks for that, how do i now get it in time. I just paused live tv but then when i went back to continue live it was way out of sync almost like it was trying to catch in slow motion is there a setting you have to change?? good fun though, sorry to ask on this thread, but does the open box have such function?

thanks

sorry mate I cant help no more as Ive never installed it

out of sync lol quite ironic

;)

good luck with it mate I'm sure someone will help you get it sorted :) I take it you have rebooted

the timeshift function is the same as the pause live tv function on a Sly plus or tivo box, permanent timeshift means the box will cache a certain amount of viewing data on the channel your watching all the time..e.g: 60 mins...so if youve been watching a channel for an hour you can rewind upto 60 mins, if you pause live tv it will start caching to the hard disk from the point you paused.
I dont know about the timeshift function on a TM800....but I do know it works fine on a DM800HD, DM800SE and VU DUO.

Iam gonna give it a go tommorrow and i should beable to let you know the problem.

Back