Parking tickets in the middle of the night

i accept i was doing wrong - but being a resident on the street didn't have much choice. i paid the ticket -and any others i got - without complaint.

my issue was with the copper laughing about it and taking joy in stitching up local residents just trying to park on their own street

heres the scenario (hypothetical admitidly)

little old lady having a heart attack in a burning house down a very narrow street ambulance and firebrigade enroute but cant get through due to selfish driver parked on double yellow lines while popping into get his fish and chip supper. His excuse I was only gone 5 minutes. Ambulance and firebrigades excuse we couldnt get to her.. if only we got there five minutes earlier...

Hooray for traffic wardens

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yes, point 1 true. But how often does that occur?

On the whole, traffic wardens and the like are the scum of the earth. Just out to issue a ticket and not to do good most of the time. Worthless people doing a worthless job.

spudchops comments would sound better in a perfect world, unfortunately it isnt a perfect world, maybe he / she ( i use the term loosely) is a traffic warden.

i remember not so long ago a bloke on blackpool main carpark getting a ticket slapped on his car for simply parking up, getting out, walking to the ticket machine (at which there was a big queue) getting his ticket, walking back and theres a traffic warden walking away laughing with his mates, needless to say the bloke had witnesses but the traffic warden still gave it him. of course the traffic warden was just doing his job.

Spudchops your comments (or opinion) just make you sound like a child mate but of course thats just my opinion.

heres the scenario (hypothetical admitidly)

little old lady having a heart attack in a burning house down a very narrow street ambulance and firebrigade enroute but cant get through due to selfish driver parked on double yellow lines while popping into get his fish and chip supper. His excuse I was only gone 5 minutes. Ambulance and firebrigades excuse we couldnt get to her.. if only we got there five minutes earlier...

People are inherantly selfish and think only about their situation and not of the situation they cause others.. The reason car drivers are easy targets is because they take no responsibilty for their behaviour.

Driving while on the phone or speeding or parking causing an obstruction.

I know the above scenario is very far fetched but that is why you get booked for either speeding or using your phone or parking where you shouldnt.

Your car is a privelage and not a right and needs to be driven with a certain amount of curtasy and consideration

I personally think driving while on the phone is as bad as drink driving. I think if you get caught you should get a years ban. £1000 fine and if you repeat offend your car crushed.

Speeding should be judged on grades. 5-10 mph over £200 9 points 10 or more mph over should be a years ban £1000 fine. 30 or more over banned for good.

If you park where you shouldnt then your car should be fined. if you case an obstruction car towed and 6 points

People need to realise their cars can kill directly or indirectly and cause others as much misery as it causes you when you get fined

I smile when I see people get booked and would shake a traffic wardens hand they got a job to do like anyone else and its only "Tools" that keep them employed

Hooray for traffic wardens

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Please enlighten me as to why my car is a privelege and not a right.
I bought it, i tax it, I insure it, I have it serviced regularly, and put fuel in regularly.
This helps to fund the roads, the health service and the welfare state.
The country would be in a hell of a state if it wasn't for people like me.

However the govt and councils then decide that they want to rip us off for even more with these fines for speeding and parking on yellow lines.

If they want to stop it.
Ban people from driving for speeding.
Tow away and crush cars for illegal parking.

But they don't want to stop it, they just want to make as much money from it as they can.

Please enlighten me as to why my car is a privelege and not a right.
I bought it, i tax it, I insure it, I have it serviced regularly, and put fuel in regularly.
This helps to fund the roads, the health service and the welfare state.
The country would be in a hell of a state if it wasn't for people like me.

However the govt and councils then decide that they want to rip us off for even more with these fines for speeding and parking on yellow lines.

If they want to stop it.
Ban people from driving for speeding.
Tow away and crush cars for illegal parking.

But they don't want to stop it, they just want to make as much money from it as they can.

your car is a privelage as in the fact that not anyone can just go out and buy a car and drive it.

Did you not have to take lessons to learn how to drive it? Then when you did that you had to buy a car and make sure it is road worthy and not a heap of junk.

Then you have to insure.

If you drive like a total loon and have crash after crash after crash then your insurance becomes so high that you cant afford it.

That is what I mean by a privelage not a right.

yo have to go through a certain process to own and drive a car and not just anyone can (although they do)

That is the only point I am trying to make

anyhoo I am a tool so dont take no notice of me

:banana:

spudchops comments would sound better in a perfect world, unfortunately it isnt a perfect world, maybe he / she ( i use the term loosely) is a traffic warden.

i remember not so long ago a bloke on blackpool main carpark getting a ticket slapped on his car for simply parking up, getting out, walking to the ticket machine (at which there was a big queue) getting his ticket, walking back and theres a traffic warden walking away laughing with his mates, needless to say the bloke had witnesses but the traffic warden still gave it him. of course the traffic warden was just doing his job.

Spudchops your comments (or opinion) just make you sound like a child mate but of course thats just my opinion.

I am not a child just young at heart and yes I am a traffic warden. I am not however scum of the earth.

I do a job same as anyone else and I use common sense al the time. I have never booked anyonee for having there car 3 inches on a yellow line it has to be half or more on the line. When I see a car in a car park without a p and d ticket the first thing I do is check the p and d machine. If there is a queue then I leave the car and come back to it when the queue has gone then said car in fact gets 5 mins grace incase driver has gone to get change.

As for booking in the midddle of the night I have never done it as we dont do nights but if someone complained that a neighbour or car was on double yellows then my govenor would get someone in n over time to sort it.

I love my job and get minimal grief cos I talk to people like I expect to be spoken to. I also explain why I have booked someone if they come back to their vehicle.

If someone has a genuine reason to be parked where they are I explain how they get out of a ticket but nine times out of ten I just get bullshit excuses. Not that there is a problem with that but people will always take a chance and they dont like it when they get caught out.

Its like when I speed.. or use the phone or park where I shouldn't, its ok for me to do it but not when everyone else does it and that seems to be most peoples attitudes..

Forgot to mention I get no bonus so If I do 1 ticket or a hundred I still get paid the same. I work out in the fresh air have no one on my back dont have to work with wanky colleagues and on the whole meet lots of nice people day in day out. On rare occasions I meet the odd knob end but thats ok cos normally they are on the recieving end of one of my tickets os they parked like a bell end..

Last edited:
I am not a child just young at heart and yes I am a traffic warden. I am not however scum of the earth.

I do a job same as anyone else and I use common sense al the time. I have never booked anyonee for having there car 3 inches on a yellow line it has to be half or more on the line. When I see a car in a car park without a p and d ticket the first thing I do is check the p and d machine. If there is a queue then I leave the car and come back to it when the queue has gone then said car in fact gets 5 mins grace incase driver has gone to get change.

As for booking in the midddle of the night I have never done it as we dont do nights but if someone complained that a neighbour or car was on double yellows then my govenor would get someone in n over time to sort it.

I love my job and get minimal grief cos I talk to people like I expect to be spoken to. I also explain why I have booked someone if they come back to their vehicle.

If someone has a genuine reason to be parked where they are I explain how they get out of a ticket but nine times out of ten I just get bullshit excuses. Not that there is a problem with that but people will always take a chance and they dont like it when they get caught out.

Its like when I speed.. or use the phone or park where I shouldn't, its ok for me to do it but not when everyone else does it and that seems to be most peoples attitudes..

Forgot to mention I get no bonus so If I do 1 ticket or a hundred I still get paid the same. I work out in the fresh air have no one on my back dont have to work with wanky colleagues and on the whole meet lots of nice people day in day out. On rare occasions I meet the odd knob end but thats ok cos normally they are on the recieving end of one of my tickets os they parked like a bell end..

fook me i was right lol.

ive not even bothered to read the rest of your post after the part where you confirmed you are a traffic warden..........

is that cos you short sighted and narrow minded

lol

no, not at all, it just confirmed in my mind there was no point reading anything else you said as you are infact a traffic warden and it explains quite clearly why you have the mentality you display in your replys in this thread.

far from narrow minded, i would say content with my innitial judement in fact you are the one who sounds narrow minded reagardless of what you do in your day to day job, not every one does there job by the book, and there many unscrupulous wardens about and the very nature of the job means that it is an economically biased trade, if you believe that traffic wardens are there simply to clear the roads of ambulances to get past, your either a trainee or thick. Just like speed cameras are there to save lives. bollox, saving lives is a by product of making huge amounts of cash, dont be so naieve.

have a bannana

Last edited:
your car is a privelage as in the fact that not anyone can just go out and buy a car and drive it.

Did you not have to take lessons to learn how to drive it? Then when you did that you had to buy a car and make sure it is road worthy and not a heap of junk.

Then you have to insure.

If you drive like a total loon and have crash after crash after crash then your insurance becomes so high that you cant afford it.

yo have to go through a certain process to own and drive a car and not just anyone can (although they do)

nope your wrong! as with all drivers we have payed a fortune to get on the road, taken all the tests needed and pay constantly though the noise, tell me how this can be a privelage?? jumping in my car and driving it down the road is MY RIGHT as an englishman under english common law.
EVERYONE has the option to drive under common law that are capable of driving, as long as you stay within the laws you will be able to continue driving and paying though the noise.

now parking is not a criminal offence, infact it was de crimialized a few years back, all that parking wardens are offering you is a contract to pay, you agree to pay them if you sign the contract - the back of the parking ticket in this case, just write - NO CONTRACT RTS on the front of the envolope and pop it back in the post. if every one done this then the parking wardens wouldnt have a job - good riddance!!.
there is a massive website that explains all of this, just google tpuc and you will be amazed what is legal and what is infact not legal but passed off as a law.
sorry i dont have any time for traffic wardens, i collapsed behind the wheel of my car some years back, i felt myself going and pulled over. i was taken to hospital by amalance with pneumonia and nearly died. the car was left on a double yellow with a police aware sticker on the car as the police found me. the scumbags put 15 parking tickets on the car before my wife was able to get the car back.
i refused to pay the tickets some 6 weeks later totalling around 2k plus charges and costs. i went to court and the police officer that actually found me put what had happened to the court and how he affixed a police aware sticker to the car, the car was not obstucting anything and was in a safe place, the traffic wardens should have never ticketed the car.
it was actually a very nice court appearance, just the copper, judge, my solicioter, and me, council failed to appear, the judge took a very dim view on the council and it was over within ten mins.
i won that btw with all expensises and compensation for the stress - got a nice sum as well as i was still recovering from a life threating illness.

Then you have to insure.

Well you have finally said something that we agree on

I was at a funeral the other day for an ex traffic warden. As the coffin was lowered into the grave there was a frantic shout from the coffin of " Hold on please let me out im not dead"

The priest just casualy smiled and said .
Sorry mate the paper works already been done!!!!:banana:

The old ones are the best Ian. :Ha:

Daily Star = old news. :thumbdown:

Back