Parking Mad - BBC 1 - 8th January - 10.35pm

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone watch this ?
its on i-player : BBC iPlayer - Parking Mad

im quiet involved with the NoToMob and would love to hear your views and opinions on the the docu as well as what you think of us..

and dont worry criticism will be taken constructively..

Anyone watch this ?
its on i-player : BBC iPlayer - Parking Mad

im quiet involved with the NoToMob and would love to hear your views and opinions on the the docu as well as what you think of us..

and dont worry criticism will be taken constructively..

I caught the last 5 mins of it last night and was surprised to see they were just down the road to me in the Chatham near Piggys. Will download it from iPlayer tonight and have a proper watch.

I think you/they are doing a great job warning innocent motorists, there are far too many of these parking issues going on. On the clip you posted,what got me was the chap pulling the racist card out what nonsense its the same law for everybody, if a sign clearly states a parking time limit then it is your responsibility to shift your vehicle within that time.

I believe that certain areas require parking restrictions and suitable enforcements, but I also believe that many councils are creating parking restrictions primarily for profit and the introduction of those "camera cars" is one of the most obvious indications that they are in it for profit only.

Did no one else think that arbitrator that wouldn't shake the clients hand was being rather rude.

His answer was he wouldn't because he needed to be impartial. I mean WTF, talk about up his own backside.

I watched this the other night when it was aired. OP you guys are doing a great job. Big props to you and your group. Another point from the program though, I noticed the bloke that "won" his case at the adjudicators then went on to ask about reimbursement of his expenses. He was basically told "tough". I personally think this is very wrong and the courts/arbitration service could easily set an hourly rate that successfully appellants could/should be able to claim. I remember the old reclaiming credit card charges thing and im sure the courts set an hourly rate that the claimer could use to claim back for time spent writing letters/answering calls and any other tasks that take up time. From memory it was circa £10 per hour. I see no reason why this should not be the case for parking tickets. At the moment there is no deterrent/punishment to stop councils telling their enforcement team to just ticket everything in sight weather they are breaking the "law" or not. They work on a numbers game at the moment where the majority just pay up and don't ask questions. Would be good to see this reversed in the long run.

I believe a large percentage (pretty much 90% or so) don't dispute it simply on the grounds of the increasing rate of the fine, when they probably could and may even have a legitimate reason.

If a fixed PCN was truly fixed you would see alot more people challenging decisions. People simply don't want to run the risk of a £30 fine going to £60 then £150

Back